The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Synergy 2 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311097)

Boltonboy 15th February 2021 19:56

Synergy 2

I have bought a synergy 2 ron box second hand off eBay anything I should know before fitting
Which setting is best for old maf .

marinabrian 15th February 2021 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltonboy (Post 2865533)
I have bought a synergy 2 ron box second hand off eBay anything I should know before fitting

None, MAF sensors fail with a higher than average offset output voltage, and amplifying that exacerbates the problem.

My advice is not to bother fitting it at all.

Brian :D

Number 6 15th February 2021 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltonboy (Post 2865533)

Sorry but the only advice I can give you is "DONT FIT IT"

Boltonboy 15th February 2021 20:25

Thought I would give it a try it's only cheap I can always remove if needed

AndyN01 15th February 2021 20:27

The general view is that the Synergy isn't a great piece of kit.

I had one on a ZT-T I owned. She ran far, far better after a session with Civil Steve on the rolling road.

Can't remember the settings, sorry.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with the info you're asking for.

Number 6 15th February 2021 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltonboy (Post 2865540)
Thought I would give it a try it's only cheap I can always remove if needed

OK, Settings are a bit of trial and error, you just have to experiment with the settings as they will not be the same for all cars:shrug:

MacRob 15th February 2021 21:56

If it works then its worth the money for nothing else but to no longer be taking your life in your hands when you pull away from a junction or roundabout.
It will also depend on which MAF it set up to work with as to if it will work or not.
As for setting. It is a hit and miss for your own preference. I personally had them set both set on 6 with my old 75. Kept it and tried it out on the new one but didn’t work as the ECU had been mapped to 160 and was killing the top end power and maxing out around 80mph with it fitted.

Boltonboy 15th February 2021 22:34

My feelings exactly trying to get round roundabouts can be difficult need just a bit more power off the mark worth a punt before visiting big russ.

macafee2 16th February 2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltonboy (Post 2865569)
My feelings exactly trying to get round roundabouts can be difficult need just a bit more power off the mark worth a punt before visiting big russ.

if you are having problems at roundabouts with a CDTI then a synergy or a remap aint going to solve your problem:D

Oh and if you fit the synergy..... tell your insurance company

macafee2

MacRob 16th February 2021 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2865600)
if you are having problems at roundabouts with a CDTI then a synergy or a remap aint going to solve your problem:D

Oh and if you fit the synergy..... tell your insurance company

macafee2

a CDTi can still be a 115BHP engine and they are terrible at pulling away fast unless the Turbo is spooling to start with