The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   We’ve been invited to show.............. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301871)

FLYING BANANA 2nd January 2020 13:34

We’ve been invited to show..............

................................... The Flying Banana at this years MG & Triumph spares day at Stoneleigh Park on Sunday 9th February. Chuffed to be asked back, last year we was on the same stand with Pooky Bear. We can be found on the Worldwide MG Club stand.

If going don’t forget to come and say hello.

coolguy 2nd January 2020 14:33

I am planning to attend, so I would love to make your acquaintance at long last, as I so enjoy your posts on your interesting (and very busy) life. Always an enjoyable show - I have a Triumph 2000 and 2500 which I used to show with the Triumph 2000 Owners Club, but are now tucked up for winter. Should arrive in my Trophy Blue V6 ZT.

FLYING BANANA 2nd January 2020 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2784475)
I am planning to attend, so I would love to make your acquaintance at long last, as I so enjoy your posts on your interesting (and very busy) life. Always an enjoyable show - I have a Triumph 2000 and 2500 which I used to show with the Triumph 2000 Owners Club, but are now tucked up for winter. Should arrive in my Trophy Blue V6 ZT.

Be good to meet up.

FLYING BANANA 6th February 2020 15:31

Don’t forget if you are attending the show do come and say hello to Banana, and me, I just tag along to pay the bills.

We will be travelling up on Saturday, staying with a friend who lives fairly close to Stoneleigh Park.

Rick-sta 6th February 2020 16:29

Have a great time Bob :) shame myself and Deanna can't make it this year after doing the last few years. Too busy this year with the wedding in 3 months :eek:

Hopefully next year :)

FLYING BANANA 6th February 2020 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2791370)
Have a great time Bob :) shame myself and Deanna can't make it this year after doing the last few years. Too busy this year with the wedding in 3 months :eek:

Hopefully next year :)

Ah! That’s a shame. Was hoping you was going to be there. Never mind always next year.

Xavier 6th February 2020 21:31

We will be there Bob so see you Sunday.

FLYING BANANA 7th February 2020 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier (Post 2791451)
We will be there Bob so see you Sunday.

That will be great to see you again. Been a long time since the last meal at the Millstone.

FLYING BANANA 8th February 2020 16:49

And we have..................

............................... arrived at my friends house on the outskirts of Warwick. Journey up was a doddle. 211 miles in three and a half hours and Banana never missed a beat. We just cruised along barely reaching Warp Factor 3. According to the on board fuel consumption it reads 44.1 mpg, I was reset on every trip. So the reality is probably around 40.

The cars are loaded up with all the stand equipment, Banana is on the drive alongside a MG TF, Jaguar X Type and a Mercedes of some sorts. This is my first weekend away since last September, was not sure if I was going to come up but am glad I decided to come. Depending on the weather I expect to return home after the show.

Oh! Dinner time. See you all later on.

FLYING BANANA 9th February 2020 05:11

06.00 and it’s a tad breezy...................

................................ but I’m out of bed, showered and dressed. Woke my hostess up, she sleeps downstairs owing to her medical condition. Made the coffee for her and myself. Made a fuss of the dogs, Sam is a Great Dane, Minnie is a missile loaded Basset Hound and Louis is a snack for Sam. Louis the Yorkie.
They know me as a friend and not a burglar.

Seems there a quite a few dropping out because of the weather. We should have 8 cars on our stand. Glacier White ZS, Typhoon ZR, MG TF, Panther MG TF ( 1 of 2 built I think), and Banana. Not sure about who else is coming.
We are waiting for my friends daughter to arrive, as she will be driving her mum to and back from the event.

Depending on how the weather goes will determine whether I travel back this evening or tomorrow. I’ll phone Allen this afternoon and see how the weather is doing at home.
It appears that I’m expected back next year to actually run the stand, be the Bears turn unless I can find someone to bring Banana along as well. Be chuffed if both cars were on display together.

Thanks for reading.