The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Deja Vu at the Four Ashes (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301750)

derek v 26th January 2020 07:39

lorry trailers and caravan

I come past twice a day and somebody is living in the small caravan on the site. They even have the keys to the toilet and shower block. I had a look yesterday and the lights were on in the shower block and toilets at half six in the evenning . Quite sure we seen a hock up lead running along the grass to the toilets :shrug::shrug:

Arctic 26th January 2020 07:59

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek v (Post 2789110)
I come past twice a day and somebody is living in the small caravan on the site. They even have the keys to the toilet and shower block. I had a look yesterday and the lights were on in the shower block and toilets at half six in the evening . Quite sure we seen a hock up lead running along the grass to the toilets :shrug::shrug:[/QUOTE

]

Hi Derek.
Thank you for that information, sounds interesting I will take a drive up over the next few days and see if I can have a talk to them:} hopefully finding out what occurs, also if they have the key to the field gate, it may have something to do with the football, or even the bouncy castle people ? cheers Arctic.

derek v 26th January 2020 09:22

They put a to let sign up the other day on the wall on A449. So looks like they have nobody ready to go in just yet.

I thought Doug was the man and his staff to get that place up and running. Kez and myself used the pub on the weekends for drinks and meals and to be honest enjoyed it. But didn't like the idea of being kicked out the Lounge at around 10 pm and like other people we simply just went home in a taxi or to another pub. They called the lounge a restaurant. Big mistake its just a main road pub nothing special at all.

Fingers crossed it gets a new landlord soon

trebor 26th January 2020 09:41

Thanks for the updates Steve and Derek, when we were in the exact same position last year I contacted the owning company with a view to using the field if a tenant wasn't found by the time of our first meet in March and they responded by padlocking the gates so won't be doing that again in a hurry
The caravan occupant might be security as if they leave it empty much longer the inevitable will happen

derek v 26th January 2020 10:59

you might find somebody is still living up stairs because the window is open up stairs and things are still in the rooms because you can see from the road side that things are still in the rooms. But as you say it cant be left empty for long or god knows what will happen in this day and age. I will have a look again tomorrow when i go past on the way to work. It all so looks like the Harrows is closed as well because builders are there doing brickwork and painting the place. The marina is all so closed nowadays. So all in all its not looking good for a meet anywhere close in March.

trebor 26th January 2020 12:29

Hi Derek, The Harrows is only closed for refurbishment during January and it will reopen after that, no idea about the possible venue at the marina as it was not being used when we looked last year, also no idea if the Harrows will reopen under new management as previous owners owned the marina venue as i understand it, but we can only ask if the Ashes doesnt reopen

derek v 26th January 2020 14:16

Might be thinking caps on for the next few weeks if the ashes are not open again on time. Bradford Arms was my last guess because of there field next to the pub with toilets (well one loo) next to the pub in the yard.

You know i have had a thought the Standford cafe over the road from the ashes have a big lorry carpark and a massive field to the right. The carpark has only a few trucks that park over the weekend because they run there business from there. There is an outside loo but the cafe is not open Saturday or Sunday. I have breakfast there Monday to Friday and I know they are car mad ppl. I will sound them out Tuesday morning. Might be something might be nothing but worth a shot.

Arctic 3rd February 2020 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek v (Post 2789194)
Might be thinking caps on for the next few weeks if the ashes are not open again on time. Bradford Arms was my last guess because of there field next to the pub with toilets (well one loo) next to the pub in the yard.

Quote:

You know i have had a thought the Standford cafe over the road from the ashes have a big lorry carpark and a massive field to the right. The carpark has only a few trucks that park over the weekend because they run there business from there. There is an outside loo but the cafe is not open Saturday or Sunday. I have breakfast there Monday to Friday and I know they are car mad ppl. I will sound them out Tuesday morning. Might be something might be nothing but worth a shot.

HI Derek.
That would be good if you could sound then out, there was talk of that same place last year but because the FA opened we did nowt about it, I have also contacted the girl at fishing pools again which I did last year, again I never followed it up as FA was running.

Arctic 4th February 2020 14:31

Had a drive up to the FA this afternoon seems someone is doing a little work in there? and a services van was outside, the for let sign is still up though, lets keep looking guys cheers Arctic.

steve-45 5th February 2020 21:05

Would be a great shame if you lost this venue Steve, not many pubs like this about that would allow car clubs to descend upon them.