The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Moonshine is all mine! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=190152)

TamarHolley 21st July 2014 21:14

Moonshine is all mine!

Just spent a good evening in the company of Moonshine Mark! What a gent! Thanks for making me feel welcome, and letting me buy your fantastic Moonshine MG ZT 190. :drool4:
My brother, Mick, did all the dirty work (had to pop the drive shaft off so we could get it on the A-frame to tow it home), but we finally got it on the road and it now sits proudly on my driveway. All three of my kids came running out to see it!! Hazard lights, indicators, horn, radio - all have been thoroughly stress tested this evening. They are now banned from touching it again. :duh:
The car is truly beautiful. We haven't yet gotten to the bottom of it's issues, but we may well be sourcing a replacement engine if needed later this week. Mick will have a really good look at it in the next few days.
Be assured, Mark, that this car is going to be back on the road and much loved.

Number 6 21st July 2014 21:16

:wantpics::wantpics:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TamarHolley (Post 1737336)
Just spent a good evening in the company of Moonshine Mark! What a gent! Thanks for making me feel welcome, and letting me buy your fantastic Moonshine MG ZT 190. :drool4:
My brother, Mick, did all the dirty work (had to pop the drive shaft off so we could get it on the A-frame to tow it home), but we finally got it on the road and it now sits proudly on my driveway. All three of my kids came running out to see it!! Hazard lights, indicators, horn, radio - all have been thoroughly stress tested this evening. They are now banned from touching it again. :duh:
The car is truly beautiful. We haven't yet gotten to the bottom of it's issues, but we may well be sourcing a replacement engine if needed later this week. Mick will have a really good look at it in the next few days.
Be assured, Mark, that this car is going to be back on the road and much loved.

:wantpics::wantpics:

rrobson 21st July 2014 21:18

Good luck sorting the car out, I was desperate for it but the missus wouldn't let me have another and I didn't have time or space to sort it!

Hopefully it's a simple fix for you, make sure you get some pics up :}

TamarHolley 21st July 2014 21:18

2 Attachment(s)
Only just got car home and it's dark - so not gonna have pics until sunlight returns! Patience young man!! hehe

In the meantime, these are our last 2 MG's:

Reebs 21st July 2014 21:18

Oow, good news that it is going to be sorted and be back on the road, I will look out for it on my travels around So'ton :cool:

Jordan Apex 21st July 2014 21:19

We all know it is worth waiting for the sun to come out ;)

championdaddy 21st July 2014 21:28

You beat Shiner to it then !!! Good to hear its going to be TLCd.

TamarHolley 21st July 2014 21:29

What a ridiculous design fault though! 2 bolts into bottom of engine to support drive shaft!! Maybe weld up something off of the sump bracket to take the drive shafts? Anyone tried that before here?
Got a few other ideas floating around here, but will run it by you guys after sleep!

colintf 21st July 2014 21:29

Glad to hear that it's gone to a good home again :cool:

fathead431 21st July 2014 23:05

Well thats funny, Mark said he'd keep it for me until i confirmed i'd have it, but ive not been able to contact him because he's not been online and his inbox is full. Cheers mark :shrug: