The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Defunding the BBC poll (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311647)

steve1975 12th March 2021 09:05

Defunding the BBC poll

So who thinks the BBC have had there day...is the TV licence fee outdated? Do you still think it's value for money? Who thinks it should go on a subscription basis...ie don't watch it..don't pay it.
The amount of internet based services offering catch up etc like now TV,Netflix,prime and many others...,IV not paid for a licence in over 10 years as I don't watch live TV,IV had many 'investigation letters' through the door and they go straight in the bin,so why should I pay for it? As for sending TV licence goons to your house with threats etc,they are only salesmen so just don't answer the door..NEVER let them in and ignore all threatening letters.
They protected and funded peadophiles for years

roverbarmy 12th March 2021 10:31

To be honest, I'm fed up with television altogether. Everything is either a marketing exercise or propaganda of one sort or another. The BBC has great wildlife programmes but that is about it now IMHO.:shrug:

Nick Greg 12th March 2021 10:49

Quite happy to keep paying. Some good output on BBC, Proms music season, wildlife, drama etc. Frankly when you see TV programmes abroad like USA you wouldn't want it any other way. Just my opinion.

LotusLC 12th March 2021 11:56

I tend to just watch YouTube now..
A lot of the TV now is either depressing or the same old clap trap programmes.

Nick Greg 12th March 2021 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusLC (Post 2870601)
I tend to just watch YouTube now..
A lot of the TV now is either depressing or the same old clap trap programmes.

Me too, some of it is quite good, and some entertainingly silly.

trikey 12th March 2021 12:38

I’m with Mike, hardly watch telly, just moved into this century and bought a tv with all the gizmos on.

When I do watch it, I’m on you tube mainly.

Georgies Dad 12th March 2021 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve1975 (Post 2870561)
So who thinks the BBC have had there day...is the TV licence fee outdated? Do you still think it's value for money? Who thinks it should go on a subscription basis...ie don't watch it..don't pay it.
The amount of internet based services offering catch up etc like now TV,Netflix,prime and many others...,IV not paid for a licence in over 10 years as I don't watch live TV,IV had many 'investigation letters' through the door and they go straight in the bin,so why should I pay for it? As for sending TV licence goons to your house with threats etc,they are only salesmen so just don't answer the door..NEVER let them in and ignore all threatening letters.
They protected and funded peadophiles for years

Shawn,I think the BBC is fantastic value for money I watch it all the time,I would be glad to pay even more for the licence, in fact the quality of all the programs, it should be at least double the price

SCP440 12th March 2021 13:23

If the option is to keep paying or end with the rubbish that they have abroad I say keep paying.

In some countries they have almost as much advertising as they do programmes and the programmes they do have are often promoting something or other.

We were in Canada 4 years ago and in one hour there was 25 mins of advertising goods and products, 10 mins of advertising other programmes and 25 mins of what we were actually trying to watch.

What I would say is get away from the political bias that the BBC now has.

COLVERT 12th March 2021 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve1975 (Post 2870561)
So who thinks the BBC have had their day...is the TV licence fee outdated? Do you still think it's value for money? Who thinks it should go on a subscription basis...ie don't watch it..don't pay it.
The amount of internet based services offering catch up etc. like now TV, Netflix, prime and many others...,I've not paid for a licence in over 10 years as I don't watch live TV. I've had many 'investigation letters' through the door and they go straight in the bin, so why should I pay for it? As for sending TV licence goons to your house with threats etc, they are only salesmen so just don't answer the door. NEVER let them in and ignore all threatening letters.
They protected and funded peadophiles for years.

Try French television if you have trouble sleeping.--Better than the very best sleeping pill.

wraymond 12th March 2021 15:24

It's true the Spectator is subscription based. Good value too. I've taken it for years. The comparison with the BBC is invalid, they are not on the same scale.

That is, BBC reporters are vetted for their views that must comply with whatever the current editorial 'message' is. If they do comply, the salaries are in fairyland - so they get the required applicants. However, they still think they are as secure in their position as they were in the days of Reith.

On the other hand you couldn't get more diverse opinion than between Charles Moore and Rod Liddle on the Speccie. They also have great wine offers. Add all that to a complete absence of patronising frivolous vain 'announcers' and the choice is easy.

Try recording whatever progs you like on Commercial Tv and play it back later, whizzing through the ads. The licence fee is a scandal supporting an enigma. Stuff it.