The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How Do I Bleed My Clutch?? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83987)

niallb 5th May 2011 19:31

How Do I Bleed My Clutch??

Hi everyone,
how does one bleed the clutch?
I have searched te forum and found how to top up the fluid level, but for some reason I cannot find instruction on how to bleed the clutch and potentially flush with new fluid?
Cheers :)

RPWC 5th May 2011 19:58

there is a bleed nipple ,or connector on the outside of the bell housing, an 8 and 10mm spanner are needed, so I was told ,after that I don't know what to do

niallb 5th May 2011 20:00

Also what fluid do I use to top up please?

ady 5th May 2011 20:02

Any one else with more info as i need my car done aswell:}

suzublu 5th May 2011 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by niallb (Post 718970)
Also what fluid do I use to top up please?

Clutch fluid:shrug::shrug: Sorry, Dot 4 i believe:getmecoat:

HarryM1BYT 5th May 2011 20:04

There is a bleed nipple on top of the gearbox. Hydraulic pipe goes from back of master cylinder, then drops down into top of gearbox via a rubber seal. Coming out of the seal is a second pipe which ends in a bleed nipple.

You bleed it just like the brakes, except you will need to pull the pedal up at the end of the strokes and take a lot more notice of the level in the master cylinder - its very small and the level goes down rapidly.

HarryM1BYT 5th May 2011 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 718977)
Clutch fluid:shrug::shrug: Sorry, Dot 4 i believe:getmecoat:

As per brakes, DOT4.

suzublu 5th May 2011 20:08

Thanks Harry,saved my neck;)

wullie480 5th May 2011 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 718968)
there is a bleed nipple ,or connector on the outside of the bell housing, an 8 and 10mm spanner are needed, so I was told ,after that I don't know what to do

You need a 13mm spanner and a 10mm spanner.
Also remove the rubber cap thats fitted inside so when your bleeding it through you can get more fluid in to assist bleeding.
I fitted a new master cylinder at the weekend and drained and flushed all the gunk out of the system amazing how black it had become.
There Eezi bleed kit's that can make it a one man or woman job.

RPWC 5th May 2011 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 719011)
You need a 13mm spanner and a 10mm spanner.
Also remove the rubber cap thats fitted inside so when your bleeding it through you can get more fluid in to assist bleeding.
I fitted a new master cylinder at the weekend and drained and flushed all the gunk out of the system amazing how black it had become.
There Eezi bleed kit's that can make it a one man or woman job.

But if you haven't got the modification,talked about in my thread titled " How do I top up clutch master cylinder", how is the cylinder filled ,considering its awkward position?