The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fog lights install - what have I forgotten? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303106)

Robson Rover Repair 24th February 2020 10:00

Fog lights install - what have I forgotten?

2001 classic se diesel

I fitted my fog lights last year and knew I'd something else to do to make them work. Forgotten all about it as hadn't used them but now mot test shortly and need to sort it.

Now I used a loom off a car with fog lights so that includes the indicators etc all plug into the black blocks so the physical bumper side of things is done.

I'm pretty sure it's the wire from block to fuse box I need to sort.

I've switch in dash sorted, fuse and relay fitted.

But just incase can someone confirm for me exactly what pin I need to pop out in the fuse box and what I need to refit into the black plug?

As simple as possible folks, being colour blind I don't like to mess with wiring.

clf 24th February 2020 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 2795093)
2001 classic se diesel

I fitted my fog lights last year and knew I'd something else to do to make them work. Forgotten all about it as hadn't used them but now mot test shortly and need to sort it.

Now I used a loom off a car with fog lights so that includes the indicators etc all plug into the black blocks so the physical bumper side of things is done.

But just incase can someone confirm for me exactly what pin I need to pop out in the fuse box and what I need to refit into the black plug?

As simple as possible folks, being colour blind I don't like to mess with wiring.

Is this one of the things that need to be activated in t4? Telling the lsm that front dogs are fitted?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

suzublu 24th February 2020 10:32

Didn't think front fogs were testable? Only rears

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 24th February 2020 10:47

Quick fix!

Ebay link.
;)

T-Cut 24th February 2020 10:55

Quote:

- - - - can someone confirm for me exactly what pin I need to pop out in the fuse box and what I need to refit into the black plug?

Is this of any help?

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/82...ac5mhyha6g.jpg

I can post the full instructions if you need them.

TC

Blink 24th February 2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2795098)
Is this one of the things that need to be activated in t4? Telling the lsm that front dogs are fitted?

I fitted front fogs to mine and the LSM sussed them out without T4.

clf 24th February 2020 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blink (Post 2795147)
I fitted front fogs to mine and the LSM sussed them out without T4.

It is not something I have had to do, however have seen something relating to them, which thinking of it may have been toaf. Whereby a box could be checked or unchecked. I cannot say what this did either, as I was searching for another issue that eluded me at the time.

Jamiewelch 24th February 2020 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2795148)
It is not something I have had to do, however have seen something relating to them, which thinking of it may have been toaf. Whereby a box could be checked or unchecked. I cannot say what this did either, as I was searching for another issue that eluded me at the time.

The tick box was probably for hot / cold checking of the rear fogs :). Front ones work without reprogramming with a T4.

Blink 24th February 2020 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2795148)
It is not something I have had to do, however have seen something relating to them....

I saw something* too (before I fitted them) so I was expecting the LSM to play up. It didn't though - everything just worked straight away,

* A post on here somewhere - I don't remember TOAF being mentioned.

Gareth.Richards 24th February 2020 20:20

Quote:

2001 classic se diesel

Mine worked straight away without T4 assistance!
Might be worth just testing power to the plug connection first.