The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2003 Rover 75 Automatic Diesel - Turns over but won't start. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318372)

carlton173 23rd March 2022 12:47

2003 Rover 75 Automatic Diesel - Turns over but won't start.

Hi all. I wanted to reach out and see if you were able to help as my Grandfather has a 2003 Rover 75 Automatic Diesel. The car turnover but won't start.

No fuel coming through the fuel pump, took the piping off and still no fuel coming through.

We wanted to see if you have a copy of a Rover 75 Auto Electric wiring diagram for this model or knew of anywhere we were able to obtain one? He has the Haynes Manuel but there is no wiring diagram for the car.

In terms of fixes already attempted:

- New battery
- 2 new high pressure Diesel pumps
- Crank shaft sensor replaced
- Fuel Filter replaced
- Brand new alternator
- Fuses checked.

Many thanks!

Ravinder 23rd March 2022 14:07

How much fuel is in the car? Sounds like under bonnet fuel pump has packed in or if under a quarter of a tank of fuel, could be the in tank pump has failed. Common issue on the diesels.

trikey 23rd March 2022 19:44

Sent you a PM

COLVERT 23rd March 2022 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton173 (Post 2925346)
Hi all. I wanted to reach out and see if you were able to help as my Grandfather has a 2003 Rover 75 Automatic Diesel. The car turnover but won't start.

No fuel coming through the fuel pump, took the piping off and still no fuel coming through.

We wanted to see if you have a copy of a Rover 75 Auto Electric wiring diagram for this model or knew of anywhere we were able to obtain one? He has the Haynes Manuel but there is no wiring diagram for the car.

- New battery
- Fuel Filter replaced
- Brand new alternator
- Fuses checked.

Many thanks!

Pity you didn't find this forum first as you could have saved the cost of all of those items as virtually none of them were needed.---:eek:

You will get ALL the info on here so stick with us.

Mike Noc 24th March 2022 23:37

Quote:

Is the UBP running and no fuel coming through, (and if so does it sound like a kid sucking on an empty McDonald's milk shake) or is the pump not running and if so has it got a 12 volt supply?

NewDoc 25th March 2022 18:23

Quote:

- New battery
- Fuel Filter replaced
- Brand new alternator
- Fuses checked.

Many thanks!

Hi everyone. Sorry to bust in on someone else thread but I have just experienced the very same problem. I am a reasonable mechanic but the Haynes manual isn't very clear as to where the under bonnet pump is. Is is mechanical or electric and is it replaceable by the home mechanic with basic tools? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks. Dave

"update" I just found this thread. Thanks Arctic.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=241484