The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hit and run posts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297083)

Ennine 1st July 2019 21:31

Hit and run posts

Having been a member here since 2012 I still find myself getting very annoyed by those that start a thread and abandon it, no more constructive comments, no further input,no feedback, no thanks. Nothing. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. Over and over I have seen so many members (and myself) give out helpful comments and constructive input only to be met with a stone wall.

macafee2 2nd July 2019 07:03

I thought this was a different hit and run thread :) And there will be many angry about that type.

I'm sure many of us get frustrated but there can be mitigating circumstances.

The OP does not get the email notification so they don't think anyone has responded being one.

They forget the post they created, strange but true.

macafee2

sworks 2nd July 2019 07:51

I think a lot of people will join just for one answer and once the issue is resolved they no longer post. It can be frustrating reading through pages with lots of help to find no resolution especially if you have the same issue. I’m not sure there is a way to fix this as once somebody is happy with a fix they move onto the next problem.

Ennine 2nd July 2019 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2744867)
I think a lot of people will join just for one answer and once the issue is resolved they no longer post. It can be frustrating reading through pages with lots of help to find no resolution especially if you have the same issue. I’m not sure there is a way to fix this as once somebody is happy with a fix they move onto the next problem.

I agree but it just seems so bad mannered and thoughtless. It can't be fixed becuase to a degree it's due the nature of some individuals, circumstances or any number of reasons. I shouldn't let it get to me but if I invest reading time in a thread I feel a bit robbed.

Anyway. moan over

COLVERT 2nd July 2019 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennine (Post 2744811)
Having been a member here since 2012 I still find myself getting very annoyed by those that start a thread and abandon it, no more constructive comments, no further input,no feedback, no thanks. Nothing. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. Over and over I have seen so many members (and myself) give out helpful comments and constructive input only to be met with a stone wall.

I'm with you 100%.

Been here since 2009 and it's always been like that.---:shrug:

COLVERT 2nd July 2019 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2744867)

Of course it's easy to check when the person who posed the question was last on the forum. They don't get the issue resolved because they NEVER come back to read any of the helpful comments.

:shrug::flame:

topman 2nd July 2019 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennine (Post 2744811)

Pretty much standard on all forums, human nature I guess.

Ennine 2nd July 2019 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2744956)

Indeed and sadly enough, often to be found in everyday life.

Darcydog 2nd July 2019 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2744956)

Yep - most probably the same the world over.

People panic over a problem - send out multiple requests for solutions - sort the issue - don’t bother to thank those that tried to help.

Such is life.

Ennine 2nd July 2019 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2745008)
Yep - most probably the same the world over.

People panic over a problem - send out multiple requests for solutions - sort the issue - don’t bother to thank those that tried to help.

Such is life.

Yes, but to be fair it's not only tech' problems and issues. There are comment and conversation starters, If one is going to start a conversation, surely it's very rude just to walk away from it with no further input.

I suppose, in a way it's a bit like this thread. I'm not really having a rant but it would be awfully rude of me (imo) to make no further responses or a least a thanks or two. Since the introduction of the Thanks button, it's become very easy indeed to at least acknowledge a comment has been read.