The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   accufab fitted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=192690)

190SETOURING 15th August 2014 19:58

accufab fitted

Just got my new 75mm throttle body from the states, what do most people do as far as the induction pipe is concerned? Standard pipe and filter or something else?:shrug:

VMax1000 16th August 2014 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainsisco (Post 1760243)
Just got my new 75mm throttle body from the states, what do most people do as far as the induction pipe is concerned? Standard pipe and filter or something else?:shrug:

I run mine with the standard pipe, some other run a CAI.

TwoSixties club has an induction pipe for the Accufab in various colours.

Assume you're a member there, as I have #879 registered to Keith (BiomorphicV8):D

190SETOURING 16th August 2014 13:39

Cheers Herman, will have a look on 260's:bowdown:

190SETOURING 16th August 2014 17:24

accufab fitted

Hi V8 Peeps, fitted accufab today but have noticed when you rev engine it takes a while for revs to drop to idle. Is this normal or does it need adjustment? Cheers.

VMax1000 16th August 2014 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainsisco (Post 1760976)
Hi V8 Peeps, fitted accufab today but have noticed when you rev engine it takes a while for revs to drop to idle. Is this normal or does it need adjustment? Cheers.

It'll settle down :)

Dragrad 19th August 2014 01:53

Threads merged as they are related.

AldoR 19th August 2014 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainsisco (Post 1760976)

As said it settles down all will be good soon:}

T16 20th August 2014 15:21

Mine does this, but its not "settled down"

Dont forget, you get a little overrun because of the work done my MG Rover to reduce the emissions, so the engine will drop the revs slower than normal.

Edit, oh sorry you are speaking about idle, I was thinking primarily during gear changes if you let the revs drop while having the clutch dip.

Accufab makes all the difference though, so much nicer to drive.

JB Tourer 21st August 2014 07:19

Accufab

Hi all, I fitted the same to mine a few years ago now and it took a few runs before it all settled down. Drive it for a few days and get a hundred miles or so on it and you'll find it all settles down a treat. I also added a modified mustang cold air induction kit and ford motorsport air filter (like a K and N) at the same time. Now the throttle response is much better and it pulls better too. Another up side is the induction noise.......love that. Have a look in my gallery for a couple of pictures. Enjoy and all the best. JB

Sorry meant have a look at my gallery on the two-sixties - JB

VMax1000 21st August 2014 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB Tourer (Post 1765071)
Hi all, I fitted the same to mine a few years ago now and it took a few runs before it all settled down. Drive it for a few days and get a hundred miles or so on it and you'll find it all settles down a treat. I also added a modified mustang cold air induction kit and ford motorsport air filter (like a K and N) at the same time. Now the throttle response is much better and it pulls better too. Another up side is the induction noise.......love that. Have a look in my gallery for a couple of pictures. Enjoy and all the best. JB

Sorry meant have a look at my gallery on the two-sixties - JB

Here's a thread about installing and setting up an Accufab
http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...e-Body-Install

Apologies but have to be a 260 member to access:getmecoat: