The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Side lights after TOAF drl setting (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259171)

jonc3725 28th December 2016 18:32

Side lights after TOAF drl setting

Hi all

I had set my lighting to DRL when using TOAF a while ago. I realised it was no good for our MOT and read somewhere on here there were issues with the LSM after this setting. Lo and behold I remembered to reset the LSM back today and now the side lights dont work. Have I fubarred my LSM now or was there an easier fix?

I cant find the post where it was being talked about and I have not conducted any fault diagnosis yet on the car. I just noticed it when I was moving the cars around.

Cheers for any help

Jon

klarzy 28th December 2016 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 2422808)
Hi all

I had set my lighting to DRL when using TOAF a while ago. I realised it was no good for our MOT and read somewhere on here there were issues with the LSM after this setting. Lo and behold I remembered to reset the LSM back today and now the side lights dont work. Have I fubarred my LSM now or was there an easier fix?

I cant find the post where it was being talked about and I have not conducted any fault diagnosis yet on the car. I just noticed it when I was moving the cars around.

Cheers for any help

Jon

IIRC you need to zero your LSM and re install it properly with T4

marinabrian 28th December 2016 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2422826)
IIRC you need to zero your LSM and re install it properly with T4

Nope, you need to read the contents of another LSM complete with something like BMW Scan 1.4, then write those contents to the TOAFED LSM, and edit the VIN and mileage to that of the original LSM.

You can't rectify it with T4, even if you virginise the LSM and recode it.

Brian :D

Les4048 28th December 2016 19:56

The more I hear about TOAF the more I think leave it to the experts

eric27 28th December 2016 20:50

I have a file that you can upload with toaf to your LSM and that repair your light switch.
If you want i can email your the repair file.

Eric

jonc3725 28th December 2016 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric27 (Post 2422885)
I have a file that you can upload with toaf to your LSM and that repair your light switch.
If you want i can email your the repair file.

Eric

Cheers Eric I appreciate your help.

PM sent

Thanks a lot

Jon

andrewinpopayan 28th December 2016 21:19

I remember commenting on this ages ago, same problem.

jonc3725 28th December 2016 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewinpopayan (Post 2422908)
I remember commenting on this ages ago, same problem.

Yea you did mate. I had already done the deed by the time you had posted and thought to myself sh2t I must go and reset the LSM before I do any damage. As it was on my project car I totally forgot whilst I was doing other things on the car then today moving the cars around I noticed it and thought big hairy hanging things I forgot to reset the LSM. Damage done!!!! Hopefully Erics file from TOAF will put me back on the straight and narrow or I will have to follow Brians advice:xmas-smiley-032:

andrewinpopayan 28th December 2016 21:35

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=247761

klarzy 29th December 2016 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2422844)
TOAFED

if we use that verb 26 times in different posts we can get it in the OED...

Toafed (tow-fedd) (Verb):
To render inoperable due to a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. (I TOAFED my ECU)
To damage with fiddle factor. (I TOAFED my LSM)
To bodge or fumble. (I used TOAF and TOAFED the IPK in)
To look wide eyed in panic, an expression of horror. (I am TOAFED)
An effective laxative. (I TOAFED myself when the car would not start)
A call for help or assistance. (Ok, its not my fault, I only TOAFED it to dim the lights)

Please take this post in the light hearted hand in which it was written...
I have and will continue to use TOAF for some functions, whether you do too is totally up to you and I neither encourage or discourage its use....