The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ABS light on switch off (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=322537)

Rover04 14th January 2023 20:16

ABS light on switch off

I have searched the forum but cannot find anything related to this! My son and I have almost identical cars (I have an 04 auto CDTI 75 and he has an 03 auto CDTI ZT) but when I switch my ignition off the ABS light glows for a few seconds before going out! His car does not do this, anyone know why?

Arctic 15th January 2023 01:57

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rover04 (Post 2957897)
I have searched the forum but cannot find anything related to this! My son and I have almost identical cars (I have an 04 auto CDTI 75 and he has an 03 auto CDTI ZT) but when I switch my ignition off the ABS light glows for a few seconds before going out! His car does not do this, anyone know why?

Hi Steve.
he most likely as a ABS sensor problem or even a bearing problem, you need to get it on some diagnostic T4

patrolman pete 15th January 2023 09:29

I had my alternator replaced by a garage in Wiltshire after a breakdown whilst on holiday about 3 years ago. Since then , when I switch off, I get a slight glow from the abs light then the battery light and then all is fine. It’s as if some capacitors are discharging. It hasn’t caused any issues in all that time so I just live with it.

Rover04 15th January 2023 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2957906)
Hi Steve.
he most likely as a ABS sensor problem or even a bearing problem, you need to get it on some diagnostic T4

Have had it on Pscan and TOAF but no codes, ABS works fine so don't think it is a sneor issue.

Rover04 15th January 2023 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrolman pete (Post 2957924)
I had my alternator replaced by a garage in Wiltshire after a breakdown whilst on holiday about 3 years ago. Since then , when I switch off, I get a slight glow from the abs light then the battery light and then all is fine. It’s as if some capacitors are discharging. It hasn’t caused any issues in all that time so I just live with it.

You could be on to something! We changed the alternator 2 yeras ago when we got the car has always done it, so it could be related.

bsafly 15th January 2023 22:30

Since I renewed the alternator brushes on my CDTI tourer (about four years ago) I have had a similar occurrence, when I turn the engine off before it is fully hot the ABS light illuminates dimly for a few seconds, however when it is up to temperature it's the oil pressure light that glows (until the engine stops rotating).
I have pondered about it on occasion, but as nothing else seems to be untoward and i have covered many miles in it over the years I haven't investigated further.
May well be onto something with the alternator/charging system though.