The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Parking/light/seat sounder (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319053)

polinsteve 8th May 2022 21:23

Parking/light/seat sounder

Hi

Just mulling over a problem with my sounder which only works with parking aid, lights left on and seat controls when it feels like it. Either all work, or more frequently none. The sounder is new and soldered in satisfactorily.

Is it possible that a fault with one of the control modules would affect the others?

Thanks.

daveo138 9th May 2022 19:33

I can’t help with your problem, I’m afraid.

Just wondered where you got your new sounder. Mine isn’t working at all.

SD1too 10th May 2022 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by polinsteve (Post 2931278)
The sounder is new and soldered in satisfactorily.

Hello Steve,

Why did you renew the sounder, did the original display the same fault?

Simon

polinsteve 10th May 2022 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2931419)
Hello Steve,

Why did you renew the sounder, did the original display the same fault?

Simon

I got the car last August and in that time until I soldered in the new sounder it never worked. I assumed, (yes, I know the saying) that as the sounder had failed on everything, that it was the most likely culprit. At all times, all the reverse sensors click as they should.

polinsteve 10th May 2022 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveo138 (Post 2931390)
I can’t help with your problem, I’m afraid.

Just wondered where you got your new sounder. Mine isn’t working at all.

Rick-sta had some

SD1too 10th May 2022 08:01

Hi Steve,

I've done some research and the sounder for the Parking Distance Control is unique to that system. There is a separate "gong" for the memory seats and lights warning which appears to be integral with the instrument pack.

All three systems use K-bus messages so that could be where your problem lies.

When the fault condition next occurs, check that the direction indicator tell-tale lights in the instrument pack work normally.

Simon

polinsteve 12th May 2022 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2931428)
Hi Steve,

I've done some research and the sounder for the Parking Distance Control is unique to that system. There is a separate "gong" for the memory seats and lights warning which appears to be integral with the instrument pack.

All three systems use K-bus messages so that could be where your problem lies.

When the fault condition next occurs, check that the direction indicator tell-tale lights in the instrument pack work normally.

Simon

I thought that on the facelift they all used the same ipk sounder. Everything else works as it should, just the sounder not operating.

SD1too 12th May 2022 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by polinsteve (Post 2931695)
I thought that on the facelift they all used the same ipk sounder.

When the reversing sensors are working do they make exactly the same sound as the lights and memory seats gong?

Simon

polinsteve 12th May 2022 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2931700)
When the reversing sensors are working do they make exactly the same sound as the lights and memory seats gong?

Simon

Yes, from the same location. This morning when I was out, the chimer did nothing. I decided to try wiggling/removing the parkin aid sounder. Before that I turned on the ignition, bunged the car into reverse and it started working again, as did light and seat chimes. I hate intermittent faults.
The chime just needs power and earth, not a difficult concept. As the sensors all click the parking aid is getting both. There is no K-bus fault showing. As you suggested earlier, that would normally impact other things on the K-bus. That logically, (in my warped mind) suggests 2 possibilities, either a poor connection or an intermittent short on the chimer circuit. I foresee prolonged and very irritating diagnostics. I was hoping that a similar problem had been solved on here. Most things generally elicit a solution.

SD1too 12th May 2022 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by polinsteve (Post 2931717)
Yes, from the same location.

Thanks Steve, I've learnt something today! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by polinsteve (Post 2931717)
The chime just needs power and earth, not a difficult concept.

According to RAVE, the chimer in the instrument pack is triggered by the K-bus so perhaps a bit more complicated!

You're right that intermittent faults are difficult to diagnose.

Simon