The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How many 75/ZT cars are still being used as a daily driver? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298109)

BigAde 5th August 2019 15:36

How many 75/ZT cars are still being used as a daily driver?

While I love my ZT-T, it's needed to get me reliably to work every day. When I joined this forum, most people had these cars as their daily driver. Now I'm beginning to think that I must be in the minority, so interested to see what other people are doing.

As my car inevitably ages, I'm thinking that I need to start looking for a more modern, more reliable car as a daily driver and keep the ZT-T for weekends and a backup car. Problem is that I'm struggling to think what I could replace it with that would be half as good; which would on one hand be safe, reliable & economical but at the same time not uncomfortable, lacking character or dull-as-ditch water to drive.

FLYING BANANA 5th August 2019 15:45

Still use either of mine each day as required otherwise I take the bus or walk.

Rogue 5th August 2019 15:53

I have the option of using a hire car to do my company mileage but unlikely i would ever use that option over driving my 75

coolguy 5th August 2019 15:53

My Tourer has been my daily driver for 10 years, although a 4 wheel drive Jag does the snowy runs in winter.

cbr1100xx 5th August 2019 15:55

Still using my zt cdti everyday , now nearly on 235000 miles.
Looking a bit battered around the edges but just changed the lower engine mounting and n/s lower arm Bush and still surprised how good the ride and handling is.

Stan

Rich in Vancouver 5th August 2019 16:00

I've only had my ZT190 for a month but it is now my daily driver doing about 75km a day.
I'm hoping that both of us can retire in the next year or two. :driving:

http://www.fototime.com/49193DB1BC282B6/standard.jpg

macafee2 5th August 2019 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAde (Post 2752829)
While I love my ZT-T, it's needed to get me reliably to work every day. When I joined this forum, most people had these cars as their daily driver. Now I'm beginning to think that I must be in the minority, so interested to see what other people are doing.

As my car inevitably ages, I'm thinking that I need to start looking for a more modern, more reliable car as a daily driver and keep the ZT-T for weekends and a backup car. Problem is that I'm struggling to think what I could replace it with that would be half as good; which would on one hand be safe, reliable & economical but at the same time not uncomfortable, lacking character or dull-as-ditch water to drive.

what is wrong with your car?

macafee2

mbrenn 5th August 2019 16:40

Mine is a daily driver and will continue to be as long as I can maintain it. Other than a Merc or a Jag very few cars compare.

Olde faithful 5th August 2019 16:51

My Rover 75 Tourer is still a daily operations, in fact just took it down the coast the weekend( Southend on sea) and on a 340 miles round trip only saw two other Rover 75's and one Rover 400 series, Those two rovers were 52 plater in wedgewood blue and a 2000 W registration Atlantic blue down on the M25 near junction 29.

Its strange because the more the south coast of England and East coast you go the less you see of the MG Rover cars i find. However the midlands and Southwest you see far more of them, I get the Midlands ( being built in the Birmingham area) i not so sure why i still see many in Cornwall, and Devon, somerset.

anyway, mine in daily service and now on nearly 312000 miles, still do not buy any oil service to service lovely! never uses any.

MSS 5th August 2019 17:05

Mine is a daily, be it not the only daily that I use. I never have any hesitation driving it long distances. In fact, for around town I often just get in the petrol powered Corsa so the 75 diesel (and the Omega Petrol that will be 20 year's old next month) never go less than 15+ miles but have been on 600 mile journeys recently.

I would not hang onto a car that I could not rely on as a daily and any distance.