The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Won over!.............now looking for a 75 Tourer (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11532)

podge 7th November 2007 16:58

Won over!.............now looking for a 75 Tourer

Hello out there, I am a newbie who has admired the 75Tourer for a long time now, so......................I am on the lookout for one.75CDT Connie, diesel manual, leather seats(SE?) and in Midnight Blue, am I being realistic to get a resonable one(MK1 not facelift) with a budget of £5000? I saw a cracker,last week one owner and 42000 only just above my budget, needless to say 1st person to view bought it.I hail from Hampshire so if anybody knows of one, please let me know, there is no immediate rush.By the way, so nice to be in such a friendly club,many thanks,Pete.

Kandyman 7th November 2007 17:17

Hi podge,

Good luck with your search, remember there's no rush so take your time and a good one will come along for you.

BigRuss 7th November 2007 17:19

Hi, and welcome to the club.:lol:

You should be able to find a suitable Conn Tourer CDT for around that figure.
leather is standard on all Conn models, but Se has: Symphony radio, cruise control, and memory seats. If you are lucky you may find a highline, with sat nav and tv but they always attract premium prices.

Study the forum well, and get to know all common faults. this will help a great deal, as from my own experiences I can honestly say, there's quite a few overpriced, poor cars out there!

Russ

Jamie 7th November 2007 17:37

Welcome to the club....

When you find a suitable car just pop a new thread on the forums and the club members will tell you exactly which areas of the car to check carefully...they are generally extremely reliable...but there are the odd glitches to check for.

You will find a wealth of tips here on how to keep your car running at its best, how to avoid problems and tips on making it much faster...especially if its one of those smashing deisels, but then I am a little biased.

Good luck and as the man says...take your time...choose carefully.;)

pondweed 7th November 2007 17:42

have a look at Keith's Midnight Blue Club CDT in the for sale section. Would be a shrewd starter buy if you can forego the leather seats and want to keep £2000 in your pocket for extras.

JohnDotCom 7th November 2007 18:35

With the Leather seats and other bits from SMC you would still be in Pocket and have fun rebuilding the car.

SMC Trading 7th November 2007 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 103932)
With the Leather seats and other bits from SMC you would still be in Pocket and have fun rebuilding the car.

Funny you should say that we have just got a mint condition set of dark blue leather electric seats in.........

podge 10th November 2007 13:14

Hi Guys, well tomorow I am going to look at a 75 Tourer, 2 owners, service history, Classic(base model??), with 70,000 on the clock, from a dealer around the £4500 to £5000...........does that sound about right? and I would be very gratefull of any advice i.e. what to listen/poke about/etc, this is just a look at the moment.Thanks, Pete.

Tatts 10th November 2007 13:15

What engine does it have?

podge 10th November 2007 14:14

Sorry...what a doughnut!.....the BMW diesel.