The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2015 project (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=224772)

awvc1 29th August 2015 21:17

2015 project

Having owned my Rover for 10 years now, a gold 2003 plate Conn SE CDT, I've decided rather than ditch it and get something else, I have renewed my commitment to her.

First I valeted the inside and polished up the outside to best of my ability, renovated the leather seats to almost new, stuck back a loose map pocket and fixed the internal door handles. 10 years of surviving my daughters 'formative' years took its toll, but miraculously, the years have just rolled back. I'd almost say it now looks better than the day i took ownership of it.

But this wasn't enough. So I've gone crazy and bought some stuff.....

1) de-Project drived it externally, with cdt torpedoe badges and c post rover badges - looking for boot plinth still.
2) Serpent Alloys bought, and to be fitted when I've had some value out of the new tyres I had fitted only a month or so back
3) New union jack badge for the boot
4) new rover carpets
5) added a miracast box plus aux in cables to make a 21st century use of the redundant analogue tv unit - netflix and Plex on my phone down the tv is just what i was hoping for.
6) new chrome rear bumper strip where it had got damaged before

Next steps

16:9 tv module upgrade - parts awaiting (head unit and new tv module)
bm54 radio upgrade - parts awaiting delivery
bluetooth module ready for a retrofit - nearly all parts in my hands
repaint front bumper to deal with some light abuse
colour code mirrors or get chrome caps if i can ever find some

So then some complete tool rams the back in a shopping centre.

I'd say i got away lucky I guess - bumper can be fixed, boot lid is messed a bit - 300 to fix the lot, and it will respray the bumper and offside wheelarch that was long overdue anyway. The body work isn't perfect as each panel has suffered some ignominy , but i'm not respraying the whole car, just the things that upset me most.

Still, I have never had a car that made me smile every time i drive it even after 10 years of owning it. This will be worth every penny , and cheaper than a new car perhaps. Certainly no new car i can name or afford will drive the way this does.

FLYING BANANA 29th August 2015 21:47

That's what I like to hear. Keep them going and not scrapping them. Well done.

tidus72 29th August 2015 21:51

Sounds like the old girl is firmly part of your family now, something they have grown up with, I have never owned a car for 10 years and it sounds like she has served you very well in that time.

I think you may regret parting with such a reliable member of the family, well done in bringing her up to date, sorry about the damage but I am sad to say there will be plenty of donor 75`s out there for your parts needs ;)

Poggit 29th August 2015 21:54

Well done that man:bowdown:. BTW I had no idea you could still buy new carpets-do Rimmers still stock them or is it a custom job; if so will you be specing the the higher grade pre project drive ones?

awvc1 29th August 2015 22:38

these are the cheaper ones - i got them second hand from a member selling on the 75/zt community site. I'm happy with them, stained a little, but they do have the lovely logo. I think the ones you want are the premium ones - I dont' know anywhere that does them. if i hadn't got these, i would have gone with a 980g set of some sort from ebay - but I'm a sucker for the logo, and these being a little worn won't upset me when i tread dirt on them each time i get in :)

thanks for the comments guys - appreciated. if i knew a good hosting site for pics I'd post some - any recommendations?

daznkel 29th August 2015 23:10

Well done! Superb effort! :D

david75 29th August 2015 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by awvc1 (Post 2084319)
these are the cheaper ones - i got them second hand from a member selling on the 75/zt community site. I'm happy with them, stained a little, but they do have the lovely logo. I think the ones you want are the premium ones - I dont' know anywhere that does them. if i hadn't got these, i would have gone with a 980g set of some sort from ebay - but I'm a sucker for the logo, and these being a little worn won't upset me when i tread dirt on them each time i get in :)

thanks for the comments guys - appreciated. if i knew a good hosting site for pics I'd post some - any recommendations?

Photo bucket.com
Or you can just attach pics to you post (see where it says "manage attachments") and they appear as thumbnails

Where in Essex? I'm in Southend.

awvc1 29th August 2015 23:19

near dartford tunnel so I'm not so far from you - 15-20 miles

Kiltman 30th August 2015 07:12

Good work that man!

david75 30th August 2015 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by awvc1 (Post 2084340)
near dartford tunnel so I'm not so far from you - 15-20 miles

Meets near you in both Essex and Kent. See here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...play.php?f=107