The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Windrush? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=276851)

Rev Jules 10th December 2017 17:50

Windrush?

After our Christmas Breakfast meet at the Ely today. Dawn and I visited Lilian,
We were going to see Derek in hospital but Lilian advised against it, she said he wouldn’t have recognised us anyway. Lilian is also expecting the worst.
He is going downhill pretty quickly, my personal opinion is and sad to say, I think it be only a matter of time?, he has lost over two stone and is not eating,
I had all the people at our meet to sign a get well card, and also I had put it was from everyone on the LOCZ!.

After leaving Lilian it took us over six and a half hours to get home, would have normally been 2 hours tops.

Rev

Teflon 10th December 2017 17:56

So sorry to hear such sad news - it really doesn't sound good. Poor Lillian, she must be beside herself with worry :( .

Good to see you and Dawn today - glad you got home safe, but must have been a frustrating journey.

Thanks for the update re Derek.

Cliff

reworht 10th December 2017 17:58

That is so sad to hear Julien. We can only pray that Derek isn't in pain, and that
Lilian can have the fortitude to get through what are obviously horrendous days for her.
Thank you for keeping us all in the picture.

stevenicks 10th December 2017 17:59

This is very sad news indeed Jule's, I really don't know what to say. Derek is one of the best and he will fight this to the very end.

timspencer 10th December 2017 18:03

What a shame, met him at the Eden camp and he was such a warm and welcoming to a club new boy,, a real ambassador for the club.

I hope he gets well soon but if not then thanks for everything.

stevestrat 10th December 2017 18:10

Although I've never met Derek I still feel as if I'm in the process of losing a close friend. The fact that Lillian advised against seeing him says a lot, I only hope she can draw strength from all those wishing her and Derek well.

Lordy 10th December 2017 18:26

I'm really sorry too hear this taken back a bit too be honest.

I really do wish he get's better soon.
Lilian has been though the wars as well as Derek.

There both the nicest people you ever meet.
I deeply respect them both.

Thank you Julian for keeping us all updated.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated from all of us and loyalty too them is extremely admirable.

Gate Keeper 10th December 2017 19:38

A difficult post for you to write up Julien, thank you. A few months ago, Derek told us in the chill out lounge about his condition, for which there is no cure.

Despite this, Derek showed tremendous courage and fought to get back on his feet again, but it wasn’t to be.

It’s going to be a sad Christmas for Lilian, the family and everyone closest. Such shocking news. Like all here, we prayed he would pull through. Our thoughts are for Derek, Lilian and the family. God Bless

FLYING BANANA 10th December 2017 20:13

Sorry to hear this.
I would have loved to signed the card, but the weather had other ideas.

Let's just hope that a miracle happens.

Many Thanks to Julian and Dawn for the update

RPWC 10th December 2017 20:14

This is the newsI have been expecting for a while now, but boped would never come. Im lost for words tbh. I hope he hangs on.