The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Newbie hello (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292601)

Tracypafc 5th February 2019 06:18

Newbie hello

Hi thank you for having me.I have a Rover 75 in firefrost,it's a cdti or CDI auto not sure until log book comes back ! It was hubby's car but I picked it 5 years ago and it's now my divorce settlement .She's done 72k and it's a beauty ,I made the decision (financial ) to put her to work as my taxi for 12 months and her first day was Sunday , I then suffered the dreaded snapped front springs yesterday ,I had intended to order the protectors on Wednesday ,so now I am waiting for Rimmers to deliver my springs this morning .
The plenum chambers were cleared last service and I have done the pcv filter .
One more little thing is there a aux socket for auxiliary lead on the back of the standard single din stereo ,if not and I buy a replacement is there a steering wheel control adapter thank you all have a good day p.s how do I add a photo of my car please

Simondi 5th February 2019 06:30

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have a look in the ICE forum. It's dead easy to swap a head unit and most makes have adapters for steering wheel controls.

As for photos. Some members use hosting sites and copy links for photos. I tend to use the ' manage attachment' option whilst replying to a thread . This give the option of uploading photos

FLYING BANANA 5th February 2019 06:38

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge regarding our cars.

I’m over the bridge is Saltash, I also have a Firefrost CDTi but a manual plus 2 other MG’s.

trikey 5th February 2019 07:14

Welcome aboard, there are worse things to get in a divorce settlement!

Quite a few springs break at this time of year, fit the new ones and you won’t have to worry about it happening again for a few years.

macafee2 5th February 2019 07:31

Welcome. You must be chuffed with the settlement :) but I'm sorry about the relationship breakdown.
I was talking to a taxi driver last year and he said his Rover 75 had done over 500,000 miles.

Others may advise different but if doing lots of short journeys I'd do oil changes earlier then service scheule

macafee2

BoroRover 5th February 2019 07:45

Hello and welcome to this fine club, for our fine cars.

Mike Trident 5th February 2019 07:49

Welcome, you will enjoy it here. The knowledge is amazing.:}

planenut 5th February 2019 07:54

Welcome to the Club Tracy. Sorry to hear of the disruption in your life, and I hope now that you and your Rover will have a steady relationship.

Enjoy the Club and the helpful members, and the awkward misunderstandings as one gets in any online exchange.

Heddy 5th February 2019 08:12

Welcome, you have, in my opinion, the best 75 available. Diesel, auto and Firefrost red:drool4: Enjoy your life, and enjoy your car.
Heddy.

marinabrian 5th February 2019 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heddy (Post 2708635)
Welcome, you have, in my opinion, the best 75 available. Diesel, auto and Firefrost red:drool4: Enjoy your life, and enjoy your car.
Heddy.

Almost the best, a car with three pedals is better ;)

Brian :D