The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rant (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297018)

billatllandudno 29th June 2019 15:42

Rant

Well clutch is slipping quite bad now, so ordered a new clutch kit from Rimmers on Thursday, option was order before 2pm Friday for a Saturday delivery got up early this morning to prepare the car, when an email arrived from Rimmers just before lunch saying order had been shipped out Today and will be delivered on Monday what's the point in paying the extra postage for Saturday delivery, this is definitley the last time I will use them it wasted my weekend sorry rant over :mad: :mad: :mad:

suffolk boy 29th June 2019 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by billatllandudno (Post 2744260)
Well clutch is slipping quite bad now, so ordered a new clutch kit from Rimmers on Thursday, option was order before 2pm Friday for a Saturday delivery got up early this morning to prepare the car, when an email arrived from Rimmers just before lunch saying order had been shipped out Today and will be delivered on Monday what's the point in paying the extra postage for Saturday delivery, this is definitley the last time I will use them it wasted my weekend sorry rant over :mad: :mad: :mad:

i had has this to realize .they mean working days and parcelforce do not deliver on a saturday unless you pay even more

billatllandudno 29th June 2019 15:48

Re-rant

I Should have used Matt at DMGRS's :getmecoat:

marinabrian 29th June 2019 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by billatllandudno (Post 2744263)
I Should have used Matt at DMGRS's :getmecoat:

You doing the job next month then?

I have to say clutches don't start slipping overnight, so I have to ask why you didn't order the clutch in readiness before starting the job.

There is no way in God's creation I would order a part on Friday, for a job like this........even if Saturday delivery was an option.

Brian :D

Rich in Vancouver 30th June 2019 03:55

You're not alone mate. I just ordered a set of EBC brakes for my ZT from Rimmers to be shipped to me in Canada. Shipping alone was about 60 quid. I paid extra for 2 day shipping. It took them 5 days to get them out of their warehouse (and yes, UPS did get them to me in 2 days-good on them) Regardless, their tardiness kept my car off the road for an additional week
I've dealt with Rimmers for many years and have always been happy to give them kudos for their speedy and efficient service but they seem to be getting too successful.
When I complained the reply came back, Sorry, but we have just launched our new MGB catalog and we currently have a backlog of 1000 orders.
I don't think their success should be my problem.:mood:

Les4048 30th June 2019 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2744273)
You doing the job next month then?

I have to say clutches don't start slipping overnight, so I have to ask why you didn't order the clutch in readiness before starting the job.

There is no way in God's creation I would order a part on Friday, for a job like this........even if Saturday delivery was an option.

Brian :D

My thoughts too Brian. We get it regularly with farmers. One phoned last Thursday looking for silage wrap and wanted us to deliver next day because he’d cut his grass and was wrapping it on Saturday, jeez we’ve had NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- stuff in stock for two months and grass has been growing in the field for months so it’s not like it sneaked up on him the night before. Lack of planning then moaning doesn’t help the case one little bit

Darcydog 30th June 2019 05:11

Happens in all walks of life. We advise a lot of businesses and certain things have well publicised deadlines. The firms Trading Year End, The end of the tax year on 5th April, VAT Qtrs etc.

And it’s the same people every year that leave it to the last minute and expect us to drop everything to get them out of trouble.

Now where a true emergency happens - as does from time to time such as illness of a key person, we will do everything we can to help.

But as for the perpetually disorganised - we point out the poster that says:-

“A lack of organisation on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours”

Les4048 30th June 2019 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2744417)
“A lack of organisation on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours”

Love that one :D:D brilliant

smudge.g 30th June 2019 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2744431)
Love that one :D:D brilliant

or as the Americans used to tell us during military briefs - remember the 7 P's - Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance!!! :)

jonc3725 30th June 2019 09:01

Gave up using Rimmer's a few years ago to be honest unless I absolutely have to.

Poor customer service, poor delivery including costs and some of their parts have not been all that.

Matt is the go to man for specifics and a lot of parts can be obtained elsewhere