The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Fitting a Highline system to my car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320425)

finnjb 6th August 2022 19:18

Fitting a Highline system to my car

Hi guys, I recently purchased a Highline head unit and a factory CD changer for my 75 .I know the CD changer will fit as I have the wiring for it still in the glovebox so one of the previous owners must have removed it. I know people are going to go "why not use a modern system" or "why not leave it as it is" and I have a very good reason for this: I want optional extras but anything new is horrible and bad. ��

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if it'll power up and still play my cassettes/regular radio for my dad who drives it fairly often as I'm still not even old enough to drive on my provisional... I've heard you can also get
1) A digital TV tuner for these, so the TV will work again
2) A newer sat nav disc to put in the sat nav system

If anyone knows where to get a good one of either of these or has any experience with them please let me know!

If anyone has a sat nav box or any of the aerials needed for one that they'd like to sell me then that would also be great! ��

Briodyjl01 6th August 2022 23:42

A new say nav disk and tv tuner would be great to know! I’ve just retro fitted it all in my S544 AOX

finnjb 7th August 2022 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2941776)
A new say nav disk and tv tuner would be great to know! I’ve just retro fitted it all in my S544 AOX

Is that you on Facebook with the one in Moonstone Green over Aubergine? I think I was talking to you a bit yesterday funnily enough. Lovely car by the way, would love to see it in person at some point!

StewartIngram 7th August 2022 15:05

Another one here looking for a) sat nav disc; b) digital tv conversion

Briodyjl01 7th August 2022 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnjb (Post 2941796)
Is that you on Facebook with the one in Moonstone Green over Aubergine? I think I was talking to you a bit yesterday funnily enough. Lovely car by the way, would love to see it in person at some point!

Good evening.

Yes that’s me. She’s the only one left in that colour combo. The old girl needs a lot of work but will be back on the road soon hopefully.

finnjb 7th August 2022 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2941846)
Good evening.

Yes that’s me. She’s the only one left in that colour combo. The old girl needs a lot of work but will be back on the road soon hopefully.

I'd love to see it but I see you're up near Leeds which is quite far lol, will you being to POL or Roverfest 2023 though?

Briodyjl01 7th August 2022 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnjb (Post 2941849)
I'd love to see it but I see you're up near Leeds which is quite far lol, will you being to POL or Roverfest 2023 though?

Not sure what shows yet as I need to get her put back toghether and working then an MOT (the first one in 11 years)

Teflon 8th August 2022 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnjb (Post 2941763)
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Highline head unit and a factory CD changer for my 75 ..................

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if it'll power up and still play my cassettes/regular radio ...........

To get the radio working, you will need the tuner unit that fits in the boot. Retro fitting the factory Hi-line system is a pretty big job and not as straightforward as it seems at first glance. To give you an idea, there's a thread detailing how to remove the Hi-line system here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=120600. Re-fitting would be a reversal of this procedure (as Haynes like to say!)

finnjb 8th August 2022 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2941878)
To get the radio working, you will need the tuner unit that fits in the boot. Retro fitting the factory Hi-line system is a pretty big job and not as straightforward as it seems at first glance. To give you an idea, there's a thread detailing how to remove the Hi-line system here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=120600. Re-fitting would be a reversal of this procedure (as Haynes like to say!)

I'm not massively bothered about having the radio part working, unless it won't power on without it. I've got a bluetooth cassette adapter for music, I just really like the idea of sat nav and TV in a 75. Thanks loads for the guide though, I looked for one but couldn't find one

coab 8th August 2022 15:33

I went to the hassle of fitting a hi line system to my old ZT. It was a massive ache and to be honest a pretty antiquated system. I bought a A-sure head unit from ebay for my next ZT and the head unit looks very similar the the original hi line system plus the sound was far superior. You can easily add a digi box plus it plays DVDs with surround sound.
If your still mad on fitting the system you will need all the loom and the brackets plus the rear window elements are different on a Hi line car and is used as the aerial for the sat nav.;)