The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do Rimmers offer a discount? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=245931)

macafee2 30th May 2016 19:49

Do Rimmers offer a discount?

As per title, do Rimmers offer us members a discount?

macafee2?

stevestrat 30th May 2016 19:50

In a word . . . . no.

macafee2 30th May 2016 19:56

at least I don't feel bitter that I did not get a discount when I recently ordered stuff.

macafee2

CLINTE 30th May 2016 20:36

Re:discount

THEY HAD A STAND AT THE NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW LAST NOVEMBER AND WERE OFFERING 15 % DISCOUNT.

i THINK YOU SHOULD ALWAYS ASK THEM - THE WORST ANSWER IS NO

clinte

Lovel 30th May 2016 21:09

They have a Pricematch arrangement which I have used many times.

For big ticket items give them a call and talk nicely with them.

bl52krz 30th May 2016 21:16

If you have to buy something that could make the difference between 'economic repair', and scrapping your car, give them a call and they will see what they can do for you.

SCP440 30th May 2016 22:31

I know somebody who bought a body shell of them a few years ago and was told ''come and have a look and make us a reasonable offer'', he had a choice of 3 shells the worse that in his view was in need of a lot of work. He choose the best and made them an offer of about half of what they were advertising the shells at and his offer was accepted.

In truth some items are probably never going to sell so a decent price might be negotiable. On the other hand a set of disc or shocks they probably will sell several times a week and if they are the only stockists and have gone to the cost of getting them remanufactured you are going to have to cough up.

This subject often comes up on another forum I am on when somebody has just paid £x for a part that has been reproduced especially for that model of car and he thinks he has paid to much for it. These suppliers need to make a profit or we will have un roadworthy cars that will be worth barely any more than scrap. If you want to run an old car we need to support these suppliers. Have you seen what main dealers charge for parts? Buy a selection of parts for the average new car and you will soon realise Rimmers are a lot cheaper than you think, the biggest problem is you can easily spend 30% or more of the cars actual value just getting it through its MOT if some major parts need replacing.

A friend has just spent £1600 on an ABS controller for his Peugeot 406 Coupe, no used ones anywhere and even if there was it had to be coded to the car and his 406 is probably only worth £2500 tops.

KRISTLEE 30th May 2016 22:42

I find Rimmers prices quite reasonable, it's their postage costs that bump the total up.

Mogodon 31st May 2016 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRISTLEE (Post 2300387)
I find Rimmers prices quite reasonable, it's their postage costs that bump the total up.

This ^

It's their postage cost that puts me off buying low to medium cost items.