The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   .mpp project file (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=238003)

samuelwise 21st February 2016 14:52

.mpp project file

I have quite a large plan of the project I'm working in 2015 for a few months. About a week ago, everything was in order. Now, when I tried to open .mpp file manager or "recently opened files" project (program) opens but does not open its .mpp. I see next error msg:
“Project cannot recognize this file format. Do you want to open this file as text only?”

When I try to just open the program and then manually navigate to the folder where my .mpp and open it is already here in this way, the project actually stop responding.

I can open a new blank project; everything works fine, so I think that my file has become corrupted. I've read a few things that could potentially help as the restoration project, the restoration of previous versions and remove all references / progenitor of the plan, but they do not help. Who knows the answer what it is...

Thank you in advance!

klarzy 21st February 2016 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelwise (Post 2223850)
I have quite a large plan of the project I'm working in 2015 for a few months. About a week ago, everything was in order. Now, when I tried to open .mpp file manager or "recently opened files" project (program) opens but does not open its .mpp. I see next error msg:
“Project cannot recognize this file format. Do you want to open this file as text only?”

When I try to just open the program and then manually navigate to the folder where my .mpp and open it is already here in this way, the project actually stop responding.

I can open a new blank project; everything works fine, so I think that my file has become corrupted. I've read a few things that could potentially help as the restoration project, the restoration of previous versions and remove all references / progenitor of the plan, but they do not help. Who knows the answer what it is...

Thank you in advance!

what software uses MPP??

never mind, just found it....

MS project

klarzy 21st February 2016 15:05

have you tried renaming the extension .MPPx ??

Avulon 21st February 2016 16:19

Backups

Go back to your last good backup, and work from there. If you've already tried other suggestions from technet and stack exchange there'll be llittle else you can try anyway.

Kennyeth 22nd February 2016 03:25

I think this young chap is in the wrong place by accident.
Ken.

bigbaldbloke 22nd February 2016 04:16

Have you checked your plenum?

Avulon 22nd February 2016 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2224349)
I think this young chap is in the wrong place by accident.
Ken.

Well it is the technology sub-forum.

Of course if the project file is nothing to do with your 75 / ZT then I'll tend to agree with Ken on this one.

Anyone know how to replace a leaking porch roof... :getmecoat:

Kennyeth 23rd February 2016 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2224654)
Well it is the technology sub-forum.

Of course if the project file is nothing to do with your 75 / ZT then I'll tend to agree with Ken on this one.

Anyone know how to replace a leaking porch roof... :getmecoat:

There has been two or three Americans on here lately.
Our site must come up when they search for Technology :}
Ken.

The Rovering Member 23rd February 2016 04:34

Even so, it mustn't be too difficult to spot the main thrust of the site. :shrug: