The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   At home hobbies.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303768)

Astraeus 23rd March 2020 22:06

At home hobbies....

1 Attachment(s)
Well I guess we will all have some time to fill in the house over the next while.
Time to look out the aircraft model kits again. I have a nice 1/48 scale Tornado F3 (RAF Leuchars 111 squadron) special marks and a cool but slightly large 1:32 Tornado GR4.

A few weeks there...

What is anyone else going to be filling their 'home' time with?

One I built earlier

Simondi 23rd March 2020 22:21

Looks like I'm going to be busy with work

FLYING BANANA 24th March 2020 06:29

Plenty of die cast model work to keep me busy. Have a few jobs for other people to finish off.

Mark Murphy 24th March 2020 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2801096)
Plenty of die cast model work to keep me busy. Have a few jobs for other people to finish off.

Do you restore them?

FLYING BANANA 24th March 2020 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Murphy (Post 2801114)
Do you restore them?

Yes, plus carry out conversions. Do re-paints. Build anything from 1/76th through to 1/8th. Only work on cars, a few lorries and the occasion bus. Been a hobby for close on 60years now.

macafee2 24th March 2020 09:10

I've been fixing some Scalextric cars to sell as no longer wanted.
We have been trying to empty the house of stuff we no longer want, also cleaned and tidied our sons bedroom as he "moved out", done some diy in his room. Now to do a bit of diy in our daughters room... she moved out about 10 years ago. Doing a bit of maintenance and service on my saloon, ordered filters to service the Tourer. cleared the garage of some stiff but this is on going, bit of gardening and seed planting.

Lots of recorded stuff to watch, a fence to renew, more gardening to do. more house clearing to do, more diy to do. We will keep "busy"

macafee2

ricardo65 24th March 2020 09:17

Going to make the most of this downtime with some decorating gaining me some brownie points with the wife :D will also be making sure the parents are all ok and my daughters granddaughters stay safe everyone

bluebird 24th March 2020 09:21

Im still working making sure people can get the food they need its gone a bit more steady then last 2 weeks where i worked 6 days straight each week my contract hours is 20 per week but i did 45 plus and now we get time n half if we work 40+ so at £15.75 an hour i cant moan 39.5 this week unless i get called in on my 2 days off

Stay safe everyone n hope u dont go stir crazy n keep in contact with the outside world xx

cbr1100xx 24th March 2020 10:23

4 Attachment(s)
This little should keep me going for a while, although I might need some more CORONA shelves :eek:
Still working at the moment but with the introduction of the emergency timetable there with be no overtime or rest days to work.
Choices are jobs on wifes car
....jobs on my car
....clean garage up
....make models
.....get round to doing something with my bike .

Stan

macafee2 24th March 2020 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2801123)
I've been fixing some Scalextric cars to sell as no longer wanted.
We have been trying to empty the house of stuff we no longer want, also cleaned and tidied our sons bedroom as he "moved out", done some diy in his room. Now to do a bit of diy in our daughters room... she moved out about 10 years ago. Doing a bit of maintenance and service on my saloon, ordered filters to service the Tourer. cleared the garage of some stiff but this is on going, bit of gardening and seed planting.

Lots of recorded stuff to watch, a fence to renew, more gardening to do. more house clearing to do, more diy to do. We will keep "busy"

macafee2

refitting the sub frame washers I noticed the braces just behind are rusting so have removed them, one now shot blasted and I'm having a break then I'll do the other one but worse, I've found the rubber bush on the front nearside arm has given up so both bushes need changing.:eek: Once braces are done then I'll back car into garage and do those, then I'll look at rear sub frame washers:}

macafee2