The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Praise for BT (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311738)

macafee2 16th March 2021 15:38

Praise for BT

No your eyes do not deceive you, the title really does say praise for BT.
For me to praise BT is probably rarer then a month of Sunday's

BT have lent my a mini hub as I am without broadband service, not their fault. Thursday last week the hub stopped working, Friday I rang BT and after a bit of a wait spoke to a guy that had one thought on his mind, customer service.
Saturday afternoon a new hub arrived. Wow.

Email sent to the CEO of BT Consumer to acknowledge the customer service.

See it can be done, where there is a will, there is a way and it is this level of customer service I measure against.

Well done BT

macafee2

coolguy 16th March 2021 16:31

I have always had such service from BT - just the tariff makes me consider changing, but then I stick with who looks after me.

steve-45 16th March 2021 17:43

I get contacted by their customer service department every year - to tell me their price is going up above the rate of inflation again !

SCP440 16th March 2021 19:22

Where I live people who dont have BT struggle,( several miles from the nearest town) one of my neighbours who refuses to have BT was telling me he is lucky if his internet works more than 50% of the time and its especially bad in the evenings. His provider Virgin blame the BT lines and BT blame Virgin.

When I had a problem with crackle on the phone line we had a BT engineer the following day and he put a new cable into the house and when that didnt fix it he then put a new cable from the nearest pole even though it was ''not his job'' but he had done it before and it saved me waiting for a few more days.

We have had Gigaclear in the village but that seem no better from the few that have taken up the service.

macafee2 16th March 2021 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2871544)
I have always had such service from BT - just the tariff makes me consider changing, but then I stick with who looks after me.

what has been your need for contacting BT?

macafee2

solarsailor 16th March 2021 20:00

I switched from BT to Plusnet (which is owned by BT anyway) six years ago. The prices are way more competitive and on the occasions I've had to make contact the customer service has been nothing short of excellent, and on one occasion they went the extra mile to fix an issue. The staff are always cheerful and courteous and are quite happy to have a chat and a bit of banter in between the business part of the call. That makes it a pleasant encounter, especially when compared to a lot of companies who seem to insist that the staff mustn't deviate from their script or 'crib sheet' to have a conversation.

coolguy 16th March 2021 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2871589)
what has been your need for contacting BT?

macafee2

Bad line to a couple of numbers I regularly call, and at one stage the loss of BT Sport. They had my line checked, and when this didn't totally clear the problem, referred it up to their "super technical" dept. It sorted itself after a couple of days, but they still rang me twice to make sure I had all my services and was happy. I was!

torque2me 17th March 2021 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2871584)
Where I live people who dont have BT struggle,( several miles from the nearest town) one of my neighbours who refuses to have BT was telling me he is lucky if his internet works more than 50% of the time and its especially bad in the evenings. His provider Virgin blame the BT lines and BT blame Virgin.

Don't forget to blame the Americans also. When they went on-line bandwidth availability fell. Probably now also applies to the Asian time zone.

Kev

KWIL 17th March 2021 15:07

All the providers seem to be switching to RPI + 3.X% indexation each year, so look forward to your +4% rise per annum:mad:

torque2me 17th March 2021 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2871770)
All the providers seem to be switching to RPI + 3.X% indexation each year, so look forward to your +4% rise per annum:mad:

So much for competition. Don't you just hate cartels! :shrug:

Kev