The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Insurance and renewals (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305378)

mileshawk56 3rd June 2020 13:30

Insurance and renewals

Had my ZT insurance renewal to day- £40.00 more than last year??? No change in any risk or details so I contacted the company, spoke nicely! and guess what/ now £20.00 less than last year, I had the same experience with the wifes R200, ended less than the previous year and the same with household insurance(different company) It pays to challenge it. Its just a try on. Chris S.

rab60bit 3rd June 2020 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2816406)
Had my ZT insurance renewal to day- £40.00 more than last year??? No change in any risk or details so I contacted the company, spoke nicely! and guess what/ now £20.00 less than last year, I had the same experience with the wifes R200, ended less than the previous year and the same with household insurance(different company) It pays to challenge it. Its just a try on. Chris S.

Renewed mine with existing insurer (Esure) at the end of March, fully comp. premium was already pretty modest at £185 (had shopped around a bit anticipating a significant increase) but their renewal quote represented a £25 reduction so I took it.
I can't figure it out but on this evidence they're not all arm twisters

Steady Eddy 3rd June 2020 14:39

Got my renewal invitation from Tesco Bank £267.65, last years premium was £236.06 an increase of £31.59.So I did my usual ritual and went on comparison website and my cheapest quote was £199.51 from...........Tesco Bank !!!
£68.14 cheaper than renewal invitation! Go figure.

marinabrian 3rd June 2020 14:48

My dad has just had his renewal invitation from Saga.... £448.98 for his 2005 Connie DERV tourer :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Got AutoSergei on the job last night, and came up with a premium of £293.50 from Hastings Direct, exact same level of cover, with £145 excess, instead of £250 with Saga.

Needless to say, Saga won't be getting the business this year :getmecoat:

Brian :D

Vossy 3rd June 2020 15:07

I don't know what it is this year but I have had some crazy quotes, my insurance is due in a few days and although it's gone up by 35 quid I can't get another quote near it, I've done all the comparison sites and half a dozen not on there.
I'm 64, clean licence no accidents/convictions 20 years plus no claims, how do some want £740 and a black box fitted :D

Oh well, £260 it is then.

cbr1100xx 3rd June 2020 15:25

Got the wifes ford with hastings with me as a named driver.
Been with them for 3 years now and each time the renewal has been lower. Can't argue with that.

Stan

Steady Eddy 3rd June 2020 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2816434)
I don't know what it is this year but I have had some crazy quotes, my insurance is due in a few days and although it's gone up by 35 quid I can't get another quote near it, I've done all the comparison sites and half a dozen not on there.
I'm 64, clean licence no accidents/convictions 20 years plus no claims, how do some want £740 and a black box fitted :D

Oh well, £260 it is then.

Vossy according to MSE the best quotes for insurance are about 25 days before your current one is due to expire.The shorter the time left the more expensive it becomes apparently.

Vossy 3rd June 2020 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steady Eddy (Post 2816453)
Vossy according to MSE the best quotes for insurance are about 25 days before your current one is due to expire.The shorter the time left the more expensive it becomes apparently.

I know, I started my search 4 weeks before renewal, for some reason I couldn’t get it cheaper, mind you the kids round here use the roads as race tracks and have been for some time so probably the amount of crashes and thefts have a huge bearing on the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 3rd June 2020 20:50

I just go with the cheapest quote these days (of the same or better cover obviously and only with reputable companies). Each time I have rung to cancel the prior company, they have said that I should have rung them before cancelling. I told them that they should have sent me the best quote first time around! Strangely enough, it seems to drift between the Halifax and the RAC each year!:shrug: (69 year old, 9+ years no claims, ie zero claims, fully comp).

Pueblo_Boy 3rd June 2020 20:59

I think your postcode has an awful lot to do with how much you pay. Like you, I have no claims, for many years, clean licence, etc. but still end up paying just shy of £300. And even that price was £50 below the renewal quote, from the same provider!
We are all tarred by the same brush in the postcode lottery of insurance renewals! Over a few small number of years, we end up paying more than the car is worth, and getting it written off for a mere few bumps in the wrong place!