The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can't play burned cd (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294030)

MissMoppet 18th March 2019 11:22

Can't play burned cd

Yep I'm sure this question has been asked and solved before but search doesn't reveal it.

I've burned a CD-RW disc to MP3 but the CD changer doesn't recognise it (works OK on my PC). Trawling the web reveals it could be a number of things with older CD players, maybe using CD-R to start. Before I rush out and get some of those can a guru advise please? Many thanks.
Dave

If all else fails I could always copy to a tape I suppose.

Kev75 18th March 2019 11:29

I don't think it will play mp3 format, if its the rover player.

Kev

clf 18th March 2019 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev75 (Post 2719971)

Kev

I think this is the primary reason - although there are some Alpine and Kenwood changers that had mp3 playback, not sure if any were fitted to MGRs. A CD-RW would need to be finalised/closed when played back on a different player than the one it was burned on, and even then some players can be temperamental.

Avulon 18th March 2019 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev75 (Post 2719971)

Kev

No it won't play mp3 CDs - they'll have to be in full 'proper' music CD format - Most (generalised) CD burner software will be able to convert Mp3 to music CD track format. e.g. Nero

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2719974)
I think this is the primary reason - although there are some Alpine and Kenwood changers that had mp3 playback, not sure if any were fitted to MGRs. A CD-RW would need to be finalised/closed when played back on a different player than the one it was burned on, and even then some players can be temperamental.

This as well, although if creating a 'proper' music CD the finalisation and close of the CD write should be automatic.

MissMoppet 18th March 2019 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2719977)
No it won't play mp3 CDs - they'll have to be in full 'proper' music CD format - Most (generalised) CD burner software will be able to convert Mp3 to music CD track format. e.g. Nero
This as well, although if creating a 'proper' music CD the finalisation and close of the CD write should be automatic.

Right I did use Nero to burn: I'll experiment. Thanks.

daveycooper 18th March 2019 18:45

As others have said I quite certain it won’t play mp3 files.

A top tip if you are just burning/copying a normal audio cd is to buy blank cd’s that bear the DIGITAL AUDIO symbol. These are geared specifically to music recording and are much more compatible with older cd players. Example disks at amazon:

MAXELL DIGITAL AUDIO XL-II 80 BLANK MUSIC CD-R - 50 DISCS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008TPQW..._Mt.JCb7C1E2QV

Delirious 17th April 2019 10:27

CD Burn Speed

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2719967)
Yep I'm sure this question has been asked and solved before but search doesn't reveal it.

I've burned a CD-RW disc to MP3 but the CD changer doesn't recognise it (works OK on my PC). Trawling the web reveals it could be a number of things with older CD players, maybe using CD-R to start. Before I rush out and get some of those can a guru advise please? Many thanks.
Dave

If all else fails I could always copy to a tape I suppose.

hi, i used to have this problem all the time, i cannot vouch for the player in question but the most common problem is that you have burned your cd at full speed probably something like 54x......so burn it again but this time burn it at 2x..takes longer to burn but it will more than likely work fine.... ive had to do this a thousand times over the years lol