The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Evening everyone (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306319)

bear-mg 11th July 2020 18:46

Evening everyone

Hi everyone, I'm back on the forum after a number of years away, just bought a 54-reg zt diesel .its my first diesel zt , previously I've had a few 1 8 turbos in the past... I bought it From a chap who runs force tunning in leominster.. presently surprised how well it goes with the force remap 😂.. I forgot how nice they drive 👍..

Reebs 11th July 2020 19:01

Welcome back to ownership and the club Mr Bear, glad to see you again. :cool:

Jamiewelch 11th July 2020 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear-mg (Post 2824367)
Hi everyone, I'm back on the forum after a number of years away, just bought a 54-reg zt diesel .its my first diesel zt , previously I've had a few 1 8 turbos in the past... I bought it From a chap who runs force tunning in leominster.. presently surprised how well it goes with the force remap 😂.. I forgot how nice they drive 👍..

Tom is a good guy :). Welcome back and enjoy. Quite a lot of people don't like Tom for some reason, but I've nothing but good things to say about him. You'll have a fair bit more poke than the "160" map ;)

trikey 11th July 2020 19:34

Welcome back to the mg rover fold :D

bear-mg 11th July 2020 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2824374)
Tom is a good guy :). Welcome back and enjoy. Quite a lot of people don't like Tom for some reason, but I've nothing but good things to say about him. You'll have a fair bit more poke than the "160" map ;)

It's quite lively lol it's got a rear box delete aswell, straight pipe from the cat back .😂.. certainly grumbles for a diesel lol

Arctic 15th July 2020 10:58

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2824374)

Jamie is the map with or without the black smoke churning chimmey :p: i think you know some of the reasons behind some people not taking to Tom.

They are all not unfounded, i have seen some of his work at the Nano meets, not the way it should be done in my opinion.

You are infiltrating us from the beemer marque three now hey ;) you've lost your way :D now the Nano meets have stopped we may never get you back BMW as you in its grasp :eek:

Jamiewelch 15th July 2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2825071)
Jamie is the map with or without the black smoke churning chimmey :p: i think you know some of the reasons behind some people not taking to Tom.

They are all not unfounded, i have seen some of his work at the Nano meets, not the way it should be done in my opinion.

You are infiltrating us from the beemer marque three now hey ;) you've lost your way :D now the Nano meets have stopped we may never get you back BMW as you in its grasp :eek:

Ask Scott about the maps, both of his cars were upgraded from "160" to approx 155bhp and he has noticed a noticeable increase in performance. No smoke upon stationary revving (which most diesels would actually do as there is no boost to provide enough air for the fuel to burn). And both cars scored 0.01 on the MOT.

Work quality, I can only speak from experience, everything I have had done has been done properly. Unlike a certain white car called Bones that a well known and trusted Trikey didn't put any antifreeze in which caused the cambelt to slip and mash the valves. Regardless of whether it was going to be dumped at a later date, to fill a customers car with just water is really not the right thing to do and then caused a further repair bill, especially for the cost of probably £10 worth of antifreeze. The car also had a restricted plastic 48mm throttle body on rather than the alloy 48mm it should have had, not sure if this was his doing or not?

Rogue 15th July 2020 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2825081)
Ask Scott about the maps, both of his cars were upgraded from "160" to approx 155bhp and he has noticed a noticeable increase in performance. No smoke upon stationary revving (which most diesels would actually do as there is no boost to provide enough air for the fuel to burn). And both cars scored 0.01 on the MOT.

Work quality, I can only speak from experience, everything I have had done has been done properly. Unlike a certain white car called Bones that a well known and trusted Trikey didn't put any antifreeze in which caused the cambelt to slip and mash the valves. Regardless of whether it was going to be dumped at a later date, to fill a customers car with just water is really not the right thing to do and then caused a further repair bill, especially for the cost of probably £10 worth of antifreeze. The car also had a restricted plastic 48mm throttle body on rather than the alloy 48mm it should have had, not sure if this was his doing or not?

You just can't help yourself can you :duh:

Jamiewelch 15th July 2020 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 2825088)
You just can't help yourself can you :duh:

People can complain about one person but as soon as someone points out something that is being sold as something it isn’t. And pointing out a “trusted” traders mistakes they are the bad guy?

There’s too much trust put into a few people on here. There’s never any respect for a newcomer that offers similar services.

Rogue 15th July 2020 12:11

:flog::flog::flog::flog::flog::flog::flog: