The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Alanjay passed away in Hospital last night (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=261874)

harrisop48 12th February 2017 15:59

Alanjay passed away in Hospital last night

Hi All,

It is with great regret that I must advise you that Alanjay (Alan Hester) has passed away in Farnham Hospital following a Cancer related illness, with multiple complications, lasting 18 weeks.
I have visited him on a weekly basis, since late November at Guildford and Farnham Hospitals. From January onward I collected some of his neighbours from Merrow and took them to see him. Our last visit was on Thursday with his friends Fred and Hilda. Bit surprised to see Alan was surrounded by large Oxygen bottles due to fluid build up on his lungs. He was hoping to return to his Flat today with an NHS funded carer 24/7. He was aware he only had six weeks left and wanted to spend that time in his home at Merrow.

My wife Sheila took a call this morning from Alan's sister Linda to let me know the news so I could advise his friends at our Heckfield meet this morning.
Fred also called me this afternoon to confirm I was aware of the situation. He said Alan's brother David saw him at 8.30 a.m. last night but was called back at 10.00 a.m. and Alan had already passed.
Fred understands Alan will be Cremated at Aldershot Crematorium, When I have the details I will post them on this thread.

marinabrian 12th February 2017 16:01

I am so sorry to read this, please pass on my condolences to Alan's family at this difficult time.

Brian

Rev Jules 12th February 2017 16:05

Likewise from us we knew Alan, another great guy gone, very sad. Our thoughts and prayers to his family,

Dawn and Julien

windrush 12th February 2017 16:05

That was very Sad news that you gave us today at the New Inn Peter and quite a shock

RIP ALAN GOD bless you

RPWC 12th February 2017 16:07

Oh no not another one! I was I'mn email contact with Alan just before Christmas and he was saying he hoped to be home soon. RIP Alan

steveo 12th February 2017 16:08

Condolences

So sorry to hear this
Sincere condolences to Alan's family
RIP Alan
Kind regards
Steve

murphyv310 12th February 2017 16:15

Oh no.
That is so upsetting, Alan was a gentleman and helpful to all.
To his family may I offer my deepest sympathies.
RIP Alan.

J1MBO 12th February 2017 16:22

Such sad news, my condolences to his family and friends.

Jim

beejay 12th February 2017 16:25

Another sad day for the club, sincere condolences to the family and friends. RIP

kc13661 12th February 2017 16:28

Sad news, I had the pleasure of meeting Alan a few years ago what a very nice guy.

His profile says "needs to get out more" well it is nice to think, he is away now roaming all the places he wanted to go to.

Safe Journeys Alan R.I.P.