The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bad vibration in cabin (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311410)

Rick-sta 1st March 2021 18:03

Bad vibration in cabin

Quick question. If you're getting really bad vibration inside the car at idle (diesel) would that be due to a failed hydramount? Bottom mount is pretty new on our 75 diesel but hydramount hasn't been changed. At idle you feel a lot of vibration inside the car, even feel it badly through the front seats. Steering wheel vibrates too.

Cheers

mh007 1st March 2021 18:39

I would say hydramount for sure. The first place I would look.

trikey 1st March 2021 19:29

It's that subwoofer :p:

mh007 1st March 2021 23:02

Ooooops!.....that'll do it :D

ceedy 2nd March 2021 06:39

Had vibes in my dizzle for few years, changed all the mounts over this time , not really changed much. Only thing left is the front pulley, when I can find a way to get the old one off. :duh: On 162k at the moment

C

edwardmk 2nd March 2021 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2868422)
It's that subwoofer :p:

Lol. Beat me to it.:D

Rick-sta 2nd March 2021 19:07

Haha wrong car, the subs in redfive and the typhoon :D the 75 only has a HK saloon sub. I'll order a hydramount.

The vibration at idle is pretty bad, didn't used to have it and as I rarely drive my dad's 75 I've really noticed it after driving it yesterday. My typhoon and redfive doesn't vibrate much at all in the cabin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2868485)
Had vibes in my dizzle for few years, changed all the mounts over this time , not really changed much. Only thing left is the front pulley, when I can find a way to get the old one off. :duh: On 162k at the moment

C

What pulley is that mate and why would a pulley cause bad vibrations inside the car?

patrolman pete 2nd March 2021 20:42

I will watch this post with interest as I have a heavy vibration inside my diesel tourer that's been there for years. After driving my Connie diesel that has no vibration , it's becoming annoying. When I start the car , the steering wheel is a blur unless I push my leg against it or raise the revs from idle however when driving it isn't a problem. The gearbox and hydromount and crank pully are original and the engine is running fine at 195,000 miles with no noise from the pulley. I had one start to fail on the Connie and it clattered at idle so I know the pulley is fine. :shrug:

Ched 2nd March 2021 20:58

Mines just started doing the same thing, I checked the hydramount and noticed a small droplet of rusty water on the top of it so I'm guessing thats the problem.

mh007 2nd March 2021 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2868679)
Mines just started doing the same thing, I checked the hydramount and noticed a small droplet of rusty water on the top of it so I'm guessing thats the problem.

A dead giveaway when they start to show signs of weeping.