The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fuel prices and our cars. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318167)

Mogodon 10th March 2022 09:56

Fuel prices and our cars.

Over the last few days, fuel has been going up around 5p every 24hrs and is now nearer £2 a litre than £1.75.

Our cars are not the most economical out there, especially those with V6's and the diesels to a degree if Automatic.

Are you using your MGR's less now ?

Myself am not using the Derv auto ZT as much, have started using what was our town runabout / shopping trolley petrol Micra for longer journeys that normally the ZT would have been used on.

coolguy 10th March 2022 10:03

Confess that the diesel autos are being used less. My diesel X Type (auto) is more frugal both locally and on a run by about 10mpg. However the 75s still fit me more like a glove so will not be abandoned!

Vossy 10th March 2022 10:27

I'm not using my ZT (auto diesel) as much either, my son-in-law has let me have the use of his BMW X5 M-Sport diesel while he's trialling a new car for a month, I have used this for a week around the town, the average consumption is 29.3 mpg for the last week and that far exceeds my ZT which averages around 24 during the colder months. And of course the beemer is bigger and has a much better view out, also it's so much easier to get in and out than my ZT.

Its the E70 model and I must admit that I am loving it, I have to be careful because I love the ZT too but ...

Twisterboy 10th March 2022 10:39

I'm in the situation now where I'm waiting on work to be done on my 75 Diesel Auto, I've not used the car much this week and just topping the tank up, but has got me thinking about the cost to run, dreading filling the tank up before we go away in April!:eek:

Thoughts have been in my head of going back to one car, but then my heart says keep the Rover (other car is a 1.0 Skoda), plus the outlay for something more economical, I would rather keep the Rover and pay for repairs.

Mogodon 10th March 2022 10:50

For the moment, the ZT is only being used when the Micra is unavailable (OH using it), or we need the capacity for 5 adults or to carry more than the Micra can, as the hatch area is very small.

FLYING BANANA 10th March 2022 11:01

Still using both of mine, although Banana more than the Bear.

torque2me 10th March 2022 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2923763)

Are you using your MGR's less now ?

Still using the v8 260 as a partial daily. About 5k per annum. That will have to continue as my work pattern has not changed.

Kev

torque2me 10th March 2022 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2923766)
I'm not using my ZT (auto diesel) as much either, my son-in-law has let me have the use of his BMW X5 M-Sport diesel while he's trialling a new car for a month, I have used this for a week around the town, the average consumption is 29.3 mpg for the last week and that far exceeds my ZT which averages around 24 during the colder months. And of course the beemer is bigger and has a much better view out, also it's so much easier to get in and out than my ZT.

Its the E70 model and I must admit that I am loving it, I have to be careful because I love the ZT too but ...

I bet it's wider also and thus will be dinging other parked cars! :mad:

Kev

macafee2 10th March 2022 11:43

wife has a focus that is probably more economical but I dont like driving it so I still ue the Tourer almost whenever I drive.
we do try to plan better so we do things on days where we have appointments and then do our other journeys if they are in the same direction .

macafee2

Vossy 10th March 2022 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque2me (Post 2923778)
I bet it's wider also and thus will be dinging other parked cars! :mad:

Kev

It is wider but ... I DON'T ding parked cars, I care too much for my cars! I park away from other cars and walk. Many other owners would benefit from this advice.

If I wanted to ding parked cars I would use my sons' defender fitted with bars and rock sliders, strangely no one parks near that for some reason

For reference:

https://i.postimg.cc/YSXfGsmN/def2-2.jpg