The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sky (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282600)

Kennyeth 26th April 2018 06:53

Sky

I see SKY has updated overnight, the jury is out on whether it`s an improvement :shrug:
Ken.

Heddy 26th April 2018 06:58

Hope it's for the good. We don't have Sky, wouldn't have the time to fully appreciate it. Would think it was ideal for people who are housebound etc. Only thing I miss is F1 live.

klarzy 26th April 2018 07:29

looks like its just a homepage layout change and the addition of a spottify app which i don't use anyway...

nowt exiting...

i would like to see iTunes on there so i can watch all of my purchased movies etc...

Kennyeth 26th April 2018 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2623781)
looks like its just a homepage layout change and the addition of a spottify app which i don't use anyway...

nowt exiting...

i would like to see iTunes on there so i can watch all of my purchased movies etc...

That confused me a little, on clicking on Spotify it said I don`t have a subscription, but trying it now a couple of hours later it brought up the sign in details for Spotify. I will try it out later, I subscribe to Spotify so it will be good to try out some music on the home theater system.
Ken.

Darcydog 26th April 2018 21:17

I now question the benefit of Sky - I can stream most News channels I watch - and Amazon Prime via my iPhone is amazing!!

Just under £80 a year gets us an amazing choice of programmes.

So streaming and Amazon Prime could lead us to bin Sky.

wullie480 26th April 2018 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2624007)
I now question the benefit of Sky - I can stream most News channels I watch - and Amazon Prime via my iPhone is amazing!!

Just under £80 a year gets us an amazing choice of programmes.

So streaming and Amazon Prime could lead us to bin Sky.

I've also amazon prime but only half that. :D

Darcydog 26th April 2018 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2624014)
I've also amazon prime but only half that. :D

Well thanks for that !!! :D

We only ended up with it by clicking on the wrong thing when we bought something - but free delivery is good - and as I say - the programmes we can now watch are excellent - and what is even better is the lack of adverts.

Does anyone else get really hacked off with Sky Adverts being far louder than the programme? Plus there are just too many!!

We will watch out for a cheaper Amazon Prime subscription next year. It’s also made me start to look in earnest at the other options as well.

wullie480 26th April 2018 21:48

Next day delivery is great and if they miss the delivery date contact customer services for an explanation and you'll get an extra month free as a goodwill gesture.
I only have it half price as our daughters are students with college email addresses.

We use it quite a lot for stuff for our bunnies.

Kennyeth 27th April 2018 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2624016)
Well thanks for that !!! :D

We only ended up with it by clicking on the wrong thing when we bought something - but free delivery is good - and as I say - the programmes we can now watch are excellent - and what is even better is the lack of adverts.

Does anyone else get really hacked off with Sky Adverts being far louder than the programme? Plus there are just too many!!

We will watch out for a cheaper Amazon Prime subscription next year. It’s also made me start to look in earnest at the other options as well.

Not just the adverts, some channels are really loud which is not good when you have selected a documentary to watch at 5 am :eek:
Ken.

Kennyeth 27th April 2018 07:22

There is something weird I have noticed on SKY, and not just since the menu update. I don`t subscribe to BT TV I only have their mobile plan. I am able to record AMC "Fear the Walking Dead" also the new show "Terror"
I think the latter said Free-view so that solves that but FTWD should (I think) be for only subscribed BT TV members.
I have tried to get other BT programs / shows and sport but the usual "you need to be subscribed" pops up.
Anyone else have this?
Ken.