The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V6 burning smell and warning (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296429)

victorgte 7th June 2019 15:37

V6 burning smell and warning

I've not got home yet to check but my wife has called to say she was driving home and a burning smell developed in the car as well as "check engine" on the dash.
Naturally she carried on driving:eek:
Will investigate later tonight to see if there is anything obvious. Does not sound good.

COLVERT 7th June 2019 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2738996)
I've not got home yet to check but my wife has called to say she was driving home and a burning smell developed in the car as well as "check engine" on the dash.
Naturally she carried on driving.:eek:
Will investigate later tonight to see if there is anything obvious. Does not sound good.

Take a good look at the being you married. It might just be a LEMMING.---:D:D:D

Don't let her near any cliffs.----:eek::eek::eek:

Arctic 7th June 2019 18:21

Hi Vic.
Look at the alternator, & maybe the LSM if she could smell the fumes inside straight away, did she have the A/C at the time as that can bring in the fumes from the engine bay, please let us know what you find.

victorgte 7th June 2019 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2739032)
Hi Vic.
Look at the alternator, & maybe the LSM if she could smell the fumes inside straight away, did she have the A/C at the time as that can bring in the fumes from the engine bay, please let us know what you find.

Will do. I’m at a MG rally tomorrow and MG’s in the park Sunday. Earliest I will look is Monday but at least she can use the Streetwise for a few days.

trikey 7th June 2019 19:51

I'm guessing thermostat has gone pop.

victorgte 7th June 2019 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2739064)
I'm guessing thermostat has gone pop.

Again? It’s only a few months old. No loss of coolant.

trikey 7th June 2019 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2739070)
Again? It’s only a few months old. No loss of coolant.

That was what happened the only time my V6 showed the warning light!

kaiser 8th June 2019 06:40

I would check the hand brake!;)

victorgte 8th June 2019 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiser (Post 2739116)
I would check the hand brake!;)

A forum full of great technical knowledge and outside of the box thinking. I’m going to check the rear view mirror just in case! 😂

COLVERT 10th June 2019 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2739205)
A forum full of great technical knowledge and outside of the box thinking. I’m going to check the rear view mirror just in case! ��

It's only --'out of the box thinking'---because somebody left the door unlocked.---:eek::eek:

They went-:smilie_re:--that a way.