The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Need Help When Buying A Car Some Distance Away? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63839)

mark d3 4th July 2010 20:38

excellent idea,add me to the list

James_Death 4th July 2010 20:44

Cracking idea had viewed a tourer some 120 miles away bloke sounded very good a undertaker and a car and bike collector and a freemason, it was a total waste of time.
This is a great idea and as said folks would need to know what the stipulations are for availability to view.
As a lot of us im sure are not that sure of exactly what we are looking to check mechanically.
A how to and what to check guide would be advantageous.
A check list that can be printed off would ensure nothing was missed.
Especially something like the lists you get when your car goes in for repair or you get a curtesy car you know the ones where its marked for what chips and scratches etc are on the body that would be good.

Reebs 4th July 2010 20:53

A bit like this excellent How-To by rrobson

General Car Checks ;)

Now also added to the first post in the thread :)

slickster 6th July 2010 09:20

So, how would this work?

Only I could be looking for a knowledgeable person to view a car (from a private seller) near junction 25 of the M25.

Thanks.

thomas 75 connie 6th July 2010 09:27

I would love to help out as there are loads of 75s on the island but they are so overpriced no one would want them anyway ie a club se y plate 1.8 80,000 miles £2795.

Reebs 7th July 2010 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickster (Post 552753)
So, how would this work?

Only I could be looking for a knowledgeable person to view a car (from a private seller) near junction 25 of the M25.

Thanks.

Well, unless any one else is closer, and can spare the time, looking at the list of members who'd be happy to take a look on your behalf (from post #1)

I'd send :smilie_re: Kevin who's in Hertfordshire a PM. ;)

sikelsh 7th July 2010 10:52

Will gladly help on this in the South Yorkshire Area.

I couldnt offer a true mechanical breakdown of a car, but could follow the list and report back.

Reebs 7th July 2010 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 553581)
Will gladly help on this in the South Yorkshire Area.

I couldnt offer a true mechanical breakdown of a car, but could follow the list and report back.

Well done that man, I've added you to the list in Post #1 Simon :bowdown:

KO52ARY 12th July 2010 22:02

I very much appreciated Larry's (Loz1971) assistance when I found a 75 CDT on sale in St Ives, Cornwall. It was nearly 300 miles away and too far to travel based just on the seller's description.

Larry's feedback was invaluable. I'd asked just for his assesment of the external condition but he posted a very detailed report, based on his mechanical expertise.

It gave me enough confidence to travel to view a car that otherwise I would have discarded from my radar.

It's now in my garage and I'm very happy with it!!

HarryM1BYT 12th July 2010 23:15

OK, I don't have much spare time, but please add me to the list. Must admit I am a fair to middling DIY mechanic, but a terrible inpector of my own intended car purchases - I tend to be blinded by the thoughts of a new toy.

Another suggestion I could make is that we could perhaps offer to accompany a prospective owner to assist with the inspection. I like to always take someone along with a level head, to at least distract the seller.