The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Got to laugh (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313869)

macafee2 1st July 2021 22:24

Got to laugh

My phone is broken and I have tried to order a new one but I have to update my address on my account.
To make sure the change to account details is correct O2 have text me a code to use.

Got to laugh. Will ring them tomorrow, they we very helpful this morning.

macafee2

macafee2 2nd July 2021 07:17

spoke to O2.... they cant help as they need to send a text message to my phone.
I cant be the only one with a broken phone.
Going to try to set up a new account so i can order the phone then once i can access my phone i can go into my old account and update details.

macafee2

planenut 2nd July 2021 07:37

Perhaps find a phone shop and a teenager to sort it out?

torque2me 2nd July 2021 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2889440)
spoke to O2.... they cant help as they need to send a text message to my phone.
I cant be the only one with a broken phone.
Going to try to set up a new account so i can order the phone then once i can access my phone i can go into my old account and update details.

macafee2

I have the same problem with the iT at work. Special passwords file is authorized by a code to the mobile phone number I give them...…. typical of the intelligence of to-day.

Kev

solarsailor 2nd July 2021 08:23

Borrow an unlocked phone or one belonging to another O2 user and pop your sim card into it.

WillyHeckaslike 2nd July 2021 09:43

Had similar recently after deleting a dispensable email account. Paypal insisted on sending a one-time pass code (OTP) to the deleted email addy before it would replace it with my new offering. I had no practical option other than to close my Paypal account which then presented me with two options. I like it when any outfit makes it an easy decision to make and I don't miss Paypal one iota. The expenses fiddlers should in my opinion legislate to try to prevent this happening by insisting on a plan B for outfits who insist on using OTP's. It is also long overdue for them to bring email providers in to line by making them provide email bouncing as an option as standard. Presently most email users are used as clickbait by the providers who force unsolicited and/or unwanted emails on to them. The only option for most to stop the spam is to delete their email addy and use another one which is not without aggravation and problems as already touched on. :devil:

coolguy 2nd July 2021 09:46

"Ever decreasing circles" comes to mind!

YHT 2nd July 2021 12:53

HMRC also use OTPs. Makes getting on line to fill in a tax form a @@@@@@@@!

macafee2 2nd July 2021 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2889442)
Perhaps find a phone shop and a teenager to sort it out?

exactly what I did and all sorted. New phone was just £19, text, phone and camera that's all I want from it

macafee2