The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fbh circulation pump (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310590)

madmatt 19th January 2021 19:45

Fbh circulation pump

Does anyone know if it can be overhauled or of a cheap source of a replacement as mines making a God awful noise and the heater keeps cutting out.
Thanks Matt

another_clean_sheet 19th January 2021 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmatt (Post 2860712)
Does anyone know please can be overhauled or of a cheap source of a replacement as mines making a God awful noise and the heater keeps cutting out.
Thanks Matt

I think when I was after a replacement glow plug that I used Butler Technik for it. Not particularly cheap though. If I remember my glow plug was approx £60

madmatt 19th January 2021 22:23

Yeah they sell the pump for £118 but there out of stock Bowers have it for £127 which isn't cheap like you say. Also from looking at the pictures it looks like they've updated the design a little

stocktake 20th January 2021 05:40

Try Contacting Trebor on here I know he can refurbish FBH's so he may be able to help

Devilish 20th January 2021 12:46

The water pump impeller and chamber can be cleaned, a new O ring has to be fitted. The impeller is brushless, and free rotating when not powered. The Pierburg 9012751 has a sealed for life PCB at the bottom of the pump, so no repair.

Apart from that, NOT your water pump.

Mogodon 20th January 2021 14:02

The original pumps a ridiculously expensive and Chinese copies are not recommended.

When mine failed it was cheaper to hunt down a faulty FBH and use the pump off that.

With non working FBH's it's rarely the pump but the pcb so make good donors for the pump and glow pin.

Mike Trident 21st January 2021 05:24

When my pump packed in and I couldn't justify the cost of a new genuine one, I bought a Chinese copy. It fitted perfectly, great I thought! Unfortunately, it packed in within 12 months. I replaced it with another Chinese one, this pump didn't actually work at all, just became very hot , very quickly. I returned this one lol.

I looked for a decent alternative, which I found for less than half the price of a genuine. British made too, yes! .

However, although it looked identical, the bore of the inlet didn't quite match the outlet of the FBH. After coming this far I wasn't going to be beaten. As the space between the pump inlet and FBH outlet is only a few cm's there was no room for a reducer. I eventually came up with the idea of mounting the water pump remotely. It now resides directly behind the expansion tank.

I went all around the houses, but I now have a new, reliable water pump thats very easy to get at.

Money spent? Probably not much less than buying a new genuine pump lol.