The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   VDO CD5404 mp3x Issue (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311832)

ZedTeeTee 20th March 2021 19:44

VDO CD5404 mp3x Issue

I think I may already know the answer to this one, but, short of an internal fault, is there any reason why sound would only come from one side of the car when listening to the cd player in the stereo unit, when both radio and cd multichanger play sound correctly?

I've already checked all the connections, everything else - volume, skip etc works. Tried multiple cd's - original and mp3.

I was looking to sell the whole lot as a bundle but it may have to be spares/repair unless anyone can shed any light. I may yet crack the case open and see if I can see anything obvious....:o

ZedTeeTee 24th March 2021 18:29

It would appear the silent majority agree with my diagnosis :D It is an odd one and I shall attribute it to electrickery gremlins, and go investigating.

VVC-Geeza 25th March 2021 21:01

I can't help you with the diagnosis I'm afraid but I have a similar problem with the VDO head unit and multi changer in my 45 both of which originally came from my 75.The sound only plays down one side when using the multi changer.Like yours,the other functions and radio work fine.I assumed it is a loose connection as on the odd occasion it works normally and then reverts to down one side.I'm reluctant to pull the headunit out as there is a mass of wiring in there for the smartnav and parrot kit.I don't know if the fault is also on the single cd function,will check.

ZedTeeTee 26th March 2021 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2873299)
I can't help you with the diagnosis I'm afraid but I have a similar problem with the VDO head unit and multi changer in my 45 both of which originally came from my 75.The sound only plays down one side when using the multi changer.Like yours,the other functions and radio work fine.I assumed it is a loose connection as on the odd occasion it works normally and then reverts to down one side.I'm reluctant to pull the headunit out as there is a mass of wiring in there for the smartnav and parrot kit.I don't know if the fault is also on the single cd function,will check.

Cheers Mick, I'd be interested to see what you find. I couldn't find any external reason for my issue, all the connections were secure.

VVC-Geeza 26th March 2021 11:54

Hi Chris

same problem with the single slot in the headunit,just plays down one side.I remember when I first bought the 75 that I had the same issue in that wihen the VDO headunit was fitted,even with the radio it just played down one side.This was down to a loose connection at the headunit and was fine after a little fiddling.Might find the courage to pull out the headunit and check again :eek:

ZedTeeTee 1st April 2021 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2873389)
Hi Chris

same problem with the single slot in the headunit,just plays down one side.I remember when I first bought the 75 that I had the same issue in that wihen the VDO headunit was fitted,even with the radio it just played down one side.This was down to a loose connection at the headunit and was fine after a little fiddling.Might find the courage to pull out the headunit and check again :eek:

Very odd all the same, I thought the same with mine but no amount of fiddling brought the one side to life. :shrug: