The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   In this heat do you (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297002)

macafee2 29th June 2019 06:29

In this heat do you

leave your car windows open when parked at home?
Probably insurance issues if a theft.
My god the car can get so hot if in the sun all day with windows closed

macafee2

Bullnose75 29th June 2019 06:45

I leave my windows closed on the Tourer when parked on drive at home but always park facing North so Sun is mainly behind car most of the day. That way the leather drivers seat doesn't get quite so hot. Handy having all four electric windows opening with the door key to let most of the heat out before getting in car though. Something Trikey turned on for me earlier this year,thanks again for that Andy that def comes in handy this time of year

Mike Trident 29th June 2019 07:39

Leather seats can literally become a pain in the A---:}

Dawn 29th June 2019 07:41

I leave them closed. ☺

smudge.g 29th June 2019 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullnose75 (Post 2744082)
Handy having all four electric windows opening with the door key to let most of the heat out before getting in car though. Something Trikey turned on for me earlier this year,thanks again for that Andy that def comes in handy this time of year

Interesting - can the windows be closed by the remote too?? I had this facility on my year 2000 Freelander, a long press of the lock button would lock car and close any open windows!
Enjoy the sun!!
:)

Darcydog 29th June 2019 08:00

We bought plastic expanding trellis that slots over the rear door windows and into the door window recess. They are quite strong - designed to keep dogs in - and allow a nice breeze through

teatotty 29th June 2019 08:17

teatotty

Sun is on rear window all morning until about middle of the afternoon, so I have my silver winter windscreen cover covering my rear window and all my windows open about 2 inches. Easy to take off for use of car and replace takes all of 2 minutes.

bl52krz 29th June 2019 09:02

If parked at home on drive, cover the roof with an old blanket, large bath towel or large curtain. You will be surprised how cool your car will be when you open the door. Also the silver sheets that you can get for the windscreen are excellent.Mount them on the OUTSIDE not the inside of the windscreen. If mounted on the inside all they do is protect your upholstery from the direct heat from the sun.They don’t keep your car cool because the heat coming through the window is trapped by the glass,and kept inside. They will not keep your car cool. Just try it and tell me I am wrong.

solarsailor 29th June 2019 11:51

Well the interior of mine certainly gets warm on hot sunny days, but one of the things I noticed during my first summer of ownership was that it was nowhere near as unbearable as the inside of some cars I've owned along the way.

maxi_crawf 29th June 2019 13:30

Well unless you mean in a locked garage there is no way I would leave any window open, it might get hot in the car but how would you explain that to an insurance company.