The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Heatwave (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320091)

Saga Lout 18th July 2022 06:55

Bring it on.

For those who will struggle with it I understand, the other side of me says after 27 years of no real summers here in the north west, it can't come soon enough or last long enough. I've been buying sunshine in holiday form every year just to get some sun on my back, these high temps are just those holiday ones for me, keep hydrated and out of it from 11am till 3.30pm and it'll be OK for most. I'll be working on the Vauxhall Victor in those hot hours but, I'll be sat with a book in the sun at other times.
Enjoy it whilst you can, it won't last long.

Borg Warner 18th July 2022 08:48

Only it's not enjoyable for some of us.

I've already had to use my preventer inhaler, never had to do that so early in the day before. I don't even go in the garden without it, the nebuliser is ready to go should things get worse. Last thing I want is to be hospitalised, besides I bet they don't turn the heating down. :-).

Here in Suffolk we've had long hot summers for the past 6 maybe 7 years? No need to go abroad as it's like the Greek Islands here most of the summer.

It's going to be a bad couple of days for me and others with similar conditions. I'm not looking forward to it.

But yes if you can enjoy it

MSS 18th July 2022 10:13

Time to watch Dune again...

....for the nth time to learn the ways of the Fremen.

Another year like the last few and my garden will be turning into desert - half the grass is already dead.

Saga Lout 18th July 2022 11:40

Have a look.

Up here in Wigan we don't get anything like summer, only in name. I suggest looking up our temp records since 1996 for any month of summer and see how miserable it usually is up in the north west, just a few years ago I built a wall and on the 28th June it was 12 degrees, 8 degrees is the temp of a fridge. We had 15 degrees over christmas and it was cooler in the first part of July than six months ago.

stevestrat 18th July 2022 14:08

According to several websites the current temp in the Edinburgh area is 30-31°. At the side of the cottage which is a serious sheltered sun trap the thermometer is reading 38°. Can't sit outside, even under the parasol due to the heat being reflected off the wall onto your back. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter :hurt:

roverbarmy 18th July 2022 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 2939517)
Up here in Wigan we don't get anything like summer, only in name. I suggest looking up our temp records since 1996 for any month of summer and see how miserable it usually is up in the north west.

So what you are saying is that in Wigan, it is, as Eddie Waring used to say " an up and under"!:D

macafee2 18th July 2022 15:21

I have been applying creocote, strimming and painting and in a little while putting down some weed killer. The wife has been sitting on the settee with a blanket over her legs as they were .........cold.

How will you sleep tonight, will it be hot?

macafee2

planenut 19th July 2022 06:43

Went out for my "trek" this morning, lovely temperature but it was at 5.15a.m..

Saga Lout 19th July 2022 07:19

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2939534)
So what you are saying is that in Wigan, it is, as Eddie Waring used to say " an up and under"!:D

Year after year it's been mostly garbage weather, in 2003 when a high temp was recorded at Gatwick, we had cloud and humidity here. There can be a vast difference between the north west and the southern areas, it's soul destroying to live in what feels like a permanent Autumn.

Gate Keeper 19th July 2022 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2939604)
Went out for my "trek" this morning, lovely temperature but it was at 5.15a.m..

Good morning Fred, I am also up early walking because of the heat.

Please define trek, 20-30 miles? The cardiologist has told me to do no more than 1-2 miles every day on the flat. An app on the phone keeps a record. One day I walked up 11 floors and regretted it, what was I thinking.