The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   !!!!! It must be xmas!!!!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=168214)

geegee 23rd December 2013 13:36

!!!!! It must be xmas!!!!!

I have often moaned on here about "most" NOT ALL, but "most" 75 drivers being stuck up gits, but today I had a shock! a rover 75 tourer driver ACTUALLY FLASHED ME and I mean in the headlight meaning, not the opening of his coat etc, I was totally shocked by this goodwill gesture and can only put it down to christmas goodwill! ps, if the friendly (rare) guy is reading this then a merry xmas to you and yours :icon_lol::icon_lol:

windrush 23rd December 2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by geegee (Post 1521204)
I have often moaned on here about "most" NOT ALL, but "most" 75 drivers being stuck up gits, but today I had a shock! a rover 75 tourer driver ACTUALLY FLASHED ME and I mean in the headlight meaning, not the opening of his coat etc, I was totally shocked by this goodwill gesture and can only put it down to christmas goodwill! ps, if the friendly (rare) guy is reading this then a merry xmas to you and yours :icon_lol::icon_lol:

And a merry Christmas to you as well Jeremy no it was not me who flashed you

:christmas:[/B]

whitevanman 23rd December 2013 14:39

I don't flash but tend to raise a hand and smile, don't usually get a response around here though..

My missus thinks i'm mad to bother tbh and the friendliest lot i've come across are Land Rover drivers as I was constantly getting waves etc. when we had ours.

Note not Disco drivers though..'Proper' :xmas-smiley-018: Land Rovers (we had a swb series 3)..

jonc3725 23rd December 2013 14:56

I have to say MKIV Supra owners tend to flash each other but I have not had anyone flash (headlights:icon_lol:) or wave in a 75 or ZT yet.

I will keep an eye out now though

:christmas:

Whisky 23rd December 2013 15:33

I flash any other rover 75s that I meet ....(perhaps thats why I have just had to replace the headlight bulb..lol)
I know what you mean it's not often get flashed back..I just thought it was me :xmas-smiley-019:

Plezier 23rd December 2013 17:50

When I first got TGB I tried flashing the lights in hello to to others and raised a hand with a smile and got back blank looks ............................................... so gave up on it.

Roger1 23rd December 2013 21:18

Quote:

I flash the lights at all 75's and ZT's I see (which is very few over here), if I notice them in time. Usually I get a blank stare, but every now and then a friendly wave. I think it's usually because the driver is not an enthusiast and doesn't 'get it', rather than being deliberately rude. :xmas-smiley-018:

tourer 24th December 2013 15:05

Quote:

He was probably flashing you to tell you that you were dumping your engine oil all over the road.:Snow::xmas-smiley-035::new_year:

fredwrussell 27th December 2013 13:25

ive taken to flashing now and do get more responses than a wave!

MangoMan 27th December 2013 13:54

I don't flash, wave, nod, smile or anything.... Tried it once or twice and gave up, waste of time really.... :(

I used to in the MR2 and always got reciprocated...