The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   car wont start (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292610)

daznkel 6th February 2019 12:18

Have you got access to a digital multimeter to measure the voltages as per THIS thread?

I had a similar problem on my son-in-law's diesel. Turned out to be a duff cam sensor. The thread is HERE if you want to read up. :}

COLVERT 6th February 2019 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2708952)
thanks to everyone for their suggestions,brian iwas not going to crack the injectors only the pipes on the fuel bar feeding them,tried easystart again engine tried to start but did not will get a computer pluged in in the next few days thanks again to all regards harry

Those are the DANGEROUS pipes. High pressure fuel can pass through your skin and KILL you.---:eek::eek::eek:

maudlawes 6th February 2019 14:34

wont start

read about cam sensor when I crank it up the rev counter goes up to about 200 does that mean that the cam sensor is alright as some posts say if it not workink the rew counter will not move regards harry

COLVERT 6th February 2019 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2708992)
read about cam sensor when I crank it up the rev counter goes up to about 200 does that mean that the cam sensor is alright as some posts say if it not workink the rew counter will not move regards harry

That I believe is the CRANK sensor working.----:shrug:

I tried to find you last time I was in Teignmouth when you had problems but couldn't locate you.

My family is the Simmonds, Dave and Rob.

maudlawes 6th February 2019 15:29

wont start

it is not the cam sensor ,just tested it in range rover and its ok regards harry

COLVERT 6th February 2019 20:50

Harry. Please read the other posts.---:duh::duh::duh:

maudlawes 8th February 2019 09:26

wont start

just sent my ecu up to the wizard of the north marinabrian to see what magic he can work,hope it is that otherwise I wont have a clue what is wrong will have to relies on you good members to help me out as I am not mechanically minded,thanks to all regards harry

marinabrian 9th February 2019 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2709559)
just sent my ecu up to the wizard of the north marinabrian to see what magic he can work,hope it is that otherwise I wont have a clue what is wrong will have to relies on you good members to help me out as I am not mechanically minded,thanks to all regards harry

Sadly your ECM is fine, in terms of faultfinding that is.

As suggested you could have a word with Lynne and Tim at Exeter Road garage next.

You are only about five miles away from them,

Find them HERE

Remember to tell them I sent you ;)

Your ECM is back in the post, so you should have it on Monday.

Brian :D

maudlawes 10th February 2019 08:38

wont start

thanks for your help brian,i have got cable tie coming up mid week to sort it out for me,once again many thanks regards harry:shrug:

Arctic 11th February 2019 08:10

Hi Harry.
What type of under bonnet pump did you fit & where from, also how much fuel do you have in the tank above a 1/4 hopefully if not try adding some fuel, once you receive the ECM back today.