The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   car wont start (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292610)

Mike Noc 11th February 2019 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2709007)
it is not the cam sensor ,just tested it in range rover and its ok regards harry

Cam sensor failure doesn't prevent all engines from starting - it depends how they are programmed.

I don't know about the Range Rover, but did you try the Range Rover one in your car?

Re the UBP if you unplug the outlet pipe where it connects to the fuel filter and place it in a large jar, then with key to position II you should get a good strong flow of fuel into the jar.

COLVERT 11th February 2019 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2710555)
Cam sensor failure doesn't prevent all engines from starting - it depends how they are programmed.

I don't know about the Range Rover, but did you try the Range Rover one in your car?

Re the UBP if you unplug the outlet pipe where it connects to the fuel filter and place it in a large jar, then with key to position II you should get a good strong flow of fuel into the jar.

Mike. Do you mean the diesel engine will start WITHOUT a signal from the cam sensor ???

PS. Been trying to contact this bloke when I'm at home in Teignmouth but never get a response from him.---:shrug:----I think he lives not far from me too.

Mike Noc 11th February 2019 20:55

Yep but not our engines though John. The only job the cam sensor has is to make sure the engine isn't trying to start 180 degrees out.

You can program a diesel ECM to start injecting even if it doesn't receive the cam sensor signal, and if the engine doesn't fire, phase the injection back 180 and then it will.

Shame Bosch decided not to do this on the M47R. :}

maudlawes 12th February 2019 14:01

wont start

hi artic the punp was the electric fuel pump came from euro parts but it works fine I have half a tank of fuel regards harry

maudlawes 12th February 2019 14:04

wont start

mike noc I did not try the sensor from range rover in my car as I assumed if mine worked in that one it was alright

maudlawes 12th February 2019 14:07

wont start

hi colvert have sent 2 pms but I think you have to clear some space to recive them as your message box is full regards harry

Mike Noc 13th February 2019 05:47

Worth checking the cam sensor plug where the wires go in - I have had a cable break there.

Cable Tie 14th February 2019 21:29

Hi guys went to have a look at the car on Wednesday a few codes came up mainly cambus error and bulb failure,Brian has checked the ecu,I used the vt4 supplied by Phil t4 nothing sprang out to make me think it won’t start,we’ve got both pumps working,immobiliser light going out,loads of fuel,it’s trying to start when you pump the throttle but just won’t fire,never had this problem before it’s always been fuel related so I’m gonna get a few known working spare bits ie cam sensor etc and have another go I’m not easily beaten so hopefully it’ll work with a bit of persuasion lol hi mike the other vehicle is a Land Rover td4 mk1

marinabrian 14th February 2019 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cable Tie (Post 2711468)
Hi guys went to have a look at the car on Wednesday a few codes came up mainly cambus error and bulb failure,Brian has checked the ecu,I used the vt4 supplied by Phil t4 nothing sprang out to make me think it won’t start,we’ve got both pumps working,immobiliser light going out,loads of fuel,it’s trying to start when you pump the throttle but just won’t fire,never had this problem before it’s always been fuel related so I’m gonna get a few known working spare bits ie cam sensor etc and have another go I’m not easily beaten so hopefully it’ll work with a bit of persuasion lol hi mike the other vehicle is a Land Rover td4 mk1

The can messaging error is a red herring as it relates to traction control which Harry's car doesn't have.

What were the other fault codes Matt?

Brian :D

MarkS 15th February 2019 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2708736)
75 con not been used for some time,went out yesterday,20 miles did some shopping,started fine,20 miles back,stopped at another shop,came out would not start,turns over fine,had breakdown out said it could be elec fuel punp,fitted new one today,still the same,how long does it take to self prime,new fuel and oil fitted and all belts and oil change in last few months,recovery man was talking about crank shaft fuel sender,????anyone got any ideas please:shrug:

How to troubleshoot CDT (I) Starting issues:

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=22402

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=289302

Corrosion in the underbonnet fusebox ?