The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Another Accident at a Car Show (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297601)

ceedy 19th July 2019 10:36

Another Accident at a Car Show

This time more serious. :mad:

People showing off outside their capabilities ? :duh:

link

C

reworht 19th July 2019 10:48

We've had similar problems at a local car park near a multi-screen cinema. What started out as a Rover Club style meeting, i.e. look and chat, degenerated into a drag race/tyre smoking/drifting scene. As you say - a small number of people who think they're a lot better driver than they think they are - and a total disregard for other people's property and safety.

gnu 19th July 2019 12:00

Awful :(

I guess it will have knock on affect to other meets as people will be less willing to arrange them.

macafee2 19th July 2019 12:45

A few clips on youtube. I hope all make a full and swift recovery.

macafee2

Jim Jamieson 19th July 2019 17:16

With some of these guys they forget to engage the brain when they press the clutch.

stevestrat 19th July 2019 18:08

The idiot tearing along the road was bad enough but I have no idea what the half wit who came out of the side road was thinking.

Les4048 19th July 2019 18:15

Too easy to criticise but I know when I was young I did some daft things in a car and thankfully got away with it. I wonder how many of us would get carried away when the blood is up and all your mates and females looking on. It’s easy to sit in our older years and criticise but I also see some older people making really stupid and dangerous moves with absolutely no thought for other road users.

Snetty 19th July 2019 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2748898)
Too easy to criticise but I know when I was young I did some daft things in a car and thankfully got away with it. I wonder how many of us would get carried away when the blood is up and all your mates and females looking on. It’s easy to sit in our older years and criticise but I also see some older people making really stupid and dangerous moves with absolutely no thought for other road users.

As you said 'thankfully' you got away with it, unfortunately these thoughtless idiots didn't and 17 people and their families suffer.
Hopefully the courts will make them accountable for their actions with a hefty fine and a long ban from driving.

trikey 19th July 2019 20:14

The news reported it as ‘customised cars drag racing’

Not where I come from it ain’t, they are new cars that’s had a few ££ thrown at em and they are driving around, not drag racing.

grivas 19th July 2019 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2748898)

I regret I don't have the slightest sympathy, only morons behave in this manner, at any age, especially when females are present ( what ever that is meant to imply) or not, I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law, there is no excuse for this reckless behaviour endangering and injuring the public, truly shocking, I am appalled.