The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lawnmoaner! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304136)

planenut 9th April 2020 19:18

Lawnmoaner!

Had a call from a tenant at a house I keep an occasional eye on for someone.....

Fred, "we got the lawn mower out, but something has happened!"

I said "you've cut through the cable haven't you?", "er, yes" came the answer. Luckily nobody hurt and a straightforward repair.

COLVERT 9th April 2020 19:56

What with this Stay at Home business I bet there are hundreds of electric mowers in the same condition with sticky tape around the joins.--:eek:---:D:D

planenut 9th April 2020 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2804859)
What with this Stay at Home business I bet there are hundreds of electric mowers in the same condition with sticky tape around the joins.--:eek:---:D:D

All I had was an electrical junction box that will have to do for the moment.

planenut 9th April 2020 20:58

Smegly settling down to watch the Red Dwarf special, and got a call that some of the electrics have been tripped, obviously by this afternoons fizz, they have agreed to wait until morning.

Teflon 9th April 2020 21:21

Every summer, the stream at the bottom of out garden dries up, and I use an electric strimmer to keep the weeds down until the water returns.

Every summer, despite my best endeavours, I ALWAYS cut through the strimmer cord at least once (it's starting to get quite short!).

Last summer, I was determined not cut the lead, but as usual, went through it once again and as usual, it tripped the house electrics. Not happy with myself, I stomped off back to the house to reset the electrics, then back down to the dried stream bed to begin the usual ritual of repairing the lead (something I was getting quite used to by now :cool:).

Spotted my error yet? Yup, that's right. I'd re-set the electrics, then started to repair the lead that was still plugged in. OUCH! :eek: :duh:

I suppose I really ought to get a petrol strimmer, but hey, this summer will be different, right? :}

Cliff

COLVERT 9th April 2020 21:52

Different ???----Nope.----;););)

macafee2 9th April 2020 21:57

There will be a number of people with petrol mowers and strimmers that will be red in the face from pulling the starting cord and the damn think not starting.

I started my mower a few times over the winter, first time was hard work but after that started ok. My multi tool ( strimmer, hedge trimmer etc) has also been known to be a cow to start. Those with electric suddenly become quite smug :)

macafee2

COLVERT 9th April 2020 22:12

I have two identical strimmers that like to mess me around.

Halves the odds though as one or the other finally gets going.-----:D:D:D

Teflon 10th April 2020 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2804915)
There will be a number of people with petrol mowers and strimmers that will be red in the face from pulling the starting cord and the damn think not starting.

I started my mower a few times over the winter, first time was hard work but after that started ok. My multi tool ( strimmer, hedge trimmer etc) has also been known to be a cow to start. Those with electric suddenly become quite smug :)

macafee2

I've got a petrol mower that I've had for around 15 yrs. It cost me £120 from new, and when I bought it, the chap advised that it needed an annual service at a cost of £60. I promptly decided that it would be more economic to just run it till it died, and then buy new, so it has never once been serviced.

Last year was the fist time I bothered to check the oil level. It was almost empty! :eek: Despite all this abuse, however, it continues to start and run, even after being laid up for winter ("laid up" = put in the shed and ignored:o).

Each year as Spring time approaches, I have a gander on line at shiny new mowers with a view to treating myself, but each Spring, she starts up after 3 pulls at most :}.

It'll be a sad day when she finally lets me down.

Cliff

KWIL 10th April 2020 08:58

Clifff

At least we know you treat the 75 better than your mower!!:D

K