The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   road tax (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318296)

xsport 18th March 2022 12:57

road tax

just noticed my road tax has increased this year by approx £10 per year. i pay direct debit monthly and wondered if this increase was announced or a statutory increase annualy applied . that puts me up to £346.50 yearly on 2002 kv6 auto rover 75. i wonder how much post 2005 kv6 auto models now pay ? wonderful considering im on LPG and these rates reflect my emmisions apparently. ... :eek:

Twisterboy 18th March 2022 13:16

Meant to be going up in April, after the Spring Budget is announced 23rd March 2022.

SD1too 18th March 2022 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2924734)
just noticed my road tax has increased this year by approx £10 per year ... that puts me up to £346.50 yearly on 2002 kv6 auto rover 75.

Consider yourself lucky Stefan. If the London Mayor's plans go through in two years' time I'll be paying double that figure in ULEZ tax (in addition to my VED).
:mad:

Simon

xsport 18th March 2022 15:17

perhaps a tax on cyclists might ease the burden a little. they have enough money spent on cycle lanes everywhere. they may not pollute but this is, as always, a money earner. looking at things globally the uk is responsible only for 1% of worldwide emmisions. china/ india / usa knocking up 75% globally. other countries dont give a damn either . best look around for a moped simon, you might get away with that for a while ... seems we will all be milked dry eventually.... ;)

torque2me 18th March 2022 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2924734)
just noticed my road tax has increased this year by approx £10 per year. i pay direct debit monthly and wondered if this increase was announced or a statutory increase annualy applied . that puts me up to £346.50 yearly on 2002 kv6 auto rover 75. i wonder how much post 2005 kv6 auto models now pay ? wonderful considering im on LPG and these rates reflect my emmisions apparently. ... :eek:

You're still £240better off than me!

Kev

FrattonEnder 18th March 2022 15:56

£210 for my 55 plate ZT diesel, up a fiver from last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2924751)
perhaps a tax on cyclists might ease the burden a little. they have enough money spent on cycle lanes everywhere.

Not entirely sure that's feasible or fair. Many cyclists, like myself, are car owners and are shelling out the fuel tax and VED anyway. Cycle lanes round by me are in an awful state and the roads not much better. The government did look into it but felt is wasn't workable due to the overheads trying to enforce it and it would put people off cycling to keep fit, reduce congestion and reduce emissions.

xsport 18th March 2022 15:59

last time i looked diesel hgv lorry ved was £ 980 . year. your a private motorist causing all these emmisions. ... :duh: its all loaded against the easy targets , who just accept everything ... dont we ... :D

MSS 18th March 2022 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2924751)
.........looking at things globally the uk is responsible only for 1% of worldwide emmisions. china/ india / usa knocking up 75% globally. ....... ;)

You need to be very careful with such statistics. Per head of population, the UK and US emissions are far higher. Also, a large proportion of the emissions by countries such as China and India result from them producing for the UK, US etc. populations to consume.