The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is this the worst condition Rover ever?? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295841)

smudge.g 18th May 2019 05:56

My new free 75 is a real shed!!!

5 Attachment(s)
i was 'fortunate' enough yesterday to be given free a facelift tourer CDTi that was going to be scrapped. To be honest, I was hoping it would be in better condition but its been stood under trees in a back garden for 2-3 years and is a right state. Mice/rats have been living inside and it stinks, its quite a high spec and has nice black leather electric memory seats, powerfold mirrors, auto dimming mirror, rain sensors etc (and even a FBH with timer and remote!!). it has the symphony radio/cd with built in Tv and sat nav that my current Tourer didnt even have. However, the key that the owner gave me doesn't fit the ignition, doesn't unlock the door so i think its the wrong one (he did have a saloon which he also scrapped, so maybe for that) hence, cant start it or even check electrics, cant steer etc. So we managed to get it home and I will swap over some parts onto my daily runner over next few months then send it to the scrappy later in the year. I am tempted to swap over the starspoke 17ins for my 16in Unions, but not sure at moment. It is quite rightly a real shed and a right tip inside, damp and stinking! (oh and its gold btw, despite the nice shade of green!!! :) )
apologies for the photos, the upload has rotated some and i cant change it :(

madeupname 18th May 2019 06:30

Nah, bit of Tcut and it'll be fine :D

smudge.g 18th May 2019 06:33

The engine bay is full of mice nests made from the bonnet sound proofing!! i dont think it will ever run again :(

macafee2 18th May 2019 06:41

perhaps a change on interior and you could have the makings of a good car if it starts and runs ok.
what is the underside like for rust?

even if the car is a dud there are some decent parts on it, you were very lucky to have been given it

macafee2

Lovel 18th May 2019 08:46

Did I see the car on the back of a trailer yesterday around 17:00 heading out of Turriff towards Foggie? Looks like the right shade of slime on it.

Ched 18th May 2019 09:30

I'd be interested in the headlamps if you're selling them.:D

smudge.g 18th May 2019 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovel (Post 2734490)
Did I see the car on the back of a trailer yesterday around 17:00 heading out of Turriff towards Foggie? Looks like the right shade of slime on it.

Hi Gary, You certainly did, unfortunately the key is wrong so we had no way to steer it onto or off the trailer so had to improvise!! By the way, that green lichen is turning more slimy now in this rain and might actually wash off.

were you in your 75?, I didnt notice any along the route!!

smudge.g 18th May 2019 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2734498)
I'd be interested in the headlamps if you're selling them.:D

pm sent :)

Comfortably Numb 18th May 2019 10:21

Last MoTd March2016 with 149,000 miles. Didn't get tested when it expired. It had new lower front suspension arms or bushes for the 2016 test, as it failed on both sides. What happened to stop it being used?

smudge.g 18th May 2019 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2734512)
Last MoTd March2016 with 149,000 miles. Didn't get tested when it expired. It had new lower front suspension arms or bushes for the 2016 test, as it failed on both sides. What happened to stop it being used?

Owner had several major health issues then bought a mazda estate, both his 75s were consigned to the back garden!!