The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thanks - Great resource (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316897)

emgee48 19th December 2021 10:09

Thanks - Great resource

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all that contribute to this forum.

I’ve owned the ZT180 for a whole 2 days now and am getting the car ready for its Roadworthy Certificate in a few days (equiv to your MOT) so I can transfer the registration into my name.

So far the collective wisdom of this forum has enabled me to :
- discover the blocked plenum and fix it
- trace the faulty windscreen wipers to a blocked filter in the washer reservoir
- work out how to access the indicator bulb behind the front bumper.
- reset the auto ecu and TPS

After buying the car sight unseen and having it trucked 800km to me I ended up with a pretty solid vehicle. These are pretty rare in Australia with only around 500 ever sold here. I spent 3 months looking for a good one and all the research I did through this forum let me ask the right pre purchase questions.

Anyway, after a quick wash and tidy up I still have a list of over a dozen items to fix or look into to make sure she is up to standard - and I have found most of the answers and “ how to’s “ in this forum.

Here she is joining my old Y type (my first car that I’ve had for 46 years now) and my B in the shed.
The collection is growing.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1639910679

Cheers

MSS 19th December 2021 10:22

That's quite a collection, David. :smiley:

suzublu 19th December 2021 10:25

Nice cars you have:bowdown: There are a few Australian members on the forum, might be worthwhile looking them up for service parts etc.
Just turned the cricket off, can't stop shaking my head:xmas-smiley-008:

planenut 19th December 2021 13:26

Good to have you aboard and nice encouraging comments. That is quite some shed, I'm envious.

Arctic 19th December 2021 13:38

I want that garage :icon_lol:

Rich in Vancouver 19th December 2021 20:51

I would give my left'un for that garage as well!
My first car was an MGB. I've never had a "Y" but have owned ZA/ZB Magnettes and used to work restoring T-Types so I have a soft spot for the older MGs.
Very nice!

emgee48 20th December 2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2913064)
I would give my left'un for that garage as well!
My first car was an MGB. I've never had a "Y" but have owned ZA/ZB Magnettes and used to work restoring T-Types so I have a soft spot for the older MGs.
Very nice!

Yes, there is just something about the older MG’s.

Now I’m going to make you guys really jealous.
Between the Y type and the ZT out of photo, are 3 bays of shelving and a workbench, and behind me when I took the photo is our 21’ dual axle caravan., hmmm, now where can I install that hoist :icon_lol: The shed is 12 metres x 9 meters and now I have to build a double garage for the daily drivers as my collection of MG’s grows.
We live on 2 acres in the countryside, 1/2 hr drive to the nearest shop, 1 hr to a major town and 2 hrs to the state capital.
Cheers

roverbarmy 20th December 2021 09:58

I wrote to my local MG garage when the MGB became the BGT and asked if I could be sent some brochures. A few days later, a salesman turned up at my house with an MGB GT and a pack of glossy brochures, asking to speak to me. My mum and dad explained that I was only 14 but the salesman was very good (after an initial good laugh) and took me for a "once around the block" in the car! The brochures and photos became the wall decoration in my bedroom for several years! I remember being very envious when Prince Charles got his CGT.

Enjoy in good health.

Mike

planenut 20th December 2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by emgee48 (Post 2913085)
Yes, there is just something about the older MG’s.

Now I’m going to make you guys really jealous.
Between the Y type and the ZT out of photo, are 3 bays of shelving and a workbench, and behind me when I took the photo is our 21’ dual axle caravan., hmmm, now where can I install that hoist :icon_lol: The shed is 12 metres x 9 meters and now I have to build a double garage for the daily drivers as my collection of MG’s grows.
We live on 2 acres in the countryside, 1/2 hr drive to the nearest shop, 1 hr to a major town and 2 hrs to the state capital.
Cheers

Wow, WOW! I cannot remember when I last saw the floor of my garage, and I have never had room to put a car in there, well done.

chicochapman 20th December 2021 19:27

Well, I think I'm the only person down our street who actually has a car in the garage - but then nobody else owns an MG midget.:icon_lol: