The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cars for Sale on the Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309470)

Beena wild 25th November 2020 14:44

Cars for Sale on the Forum

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
I find it frustrating when scouring the Cars For Sale forum to eventually discover that the vehicle is sold or under offer.

With respect to the title for your car:

May I helpfully suggest that cars for sale appear in Green. (BRG preferred)
Vehicles under offer and not yet sold in Amber and
Guess what, cars sold in ......RED.

Alternatively, would sellers simply amend the title with the word SOLD before any other wording.

trikey 25th November 2020 14:45

Sellers can’t ament the titles I’m afraid, once posted that has to be done by a moderator.

clf 25th November 2020 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2850364)
Sellers can’t ament the titles I’m afraid, once posted that has to be done by a moderator.

Perhaps a.seller could edit the post to add SOLD to the beginning of the add. Then any preview of the post on a phone or tablet, would show this. Likewise hovering the cursor over the title on a pc will show too.

Just a thought to add. It doesnt apply to me (at least not yet lol)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 25th November 2020 15:26

A location in the title is also useful.:shrug:

victorgte 25th November 2020 15:34

In the distant past I’ve sent messages to sellers and never got a reply.
Often they are Newbies and probably never check their messages which seems foolish.
How many times has a seller complained about not being able to sell a car but then never follows up enquires?

FLYING BANANA 25th November 2020 15:50

I scroll through the adverts and if a car has been sold, I mark it up accordingly.

Reebs 25th November 2020 15:50

We Greens do amend the thread title to SOLD when messaged to do so by the seller or if they have posted that it’s gone and we spot that.

AndyN01 26th November 2020 03:29

Just thinking aloud here.....

Would it be possible to have "someone" who could be given whatever "permissions" are needed to amend only the title in the "Cars for Sale" section with "SOLD" or is that a whole more complicated and technical than it sounds?

Perhaps they could PM the seller after a month or so if there's been no contact to see what's happened and update accordingly?

We all know that the Mods do a difficult and time consuming job and maybe it would be just a little something that they didn't have to fit in with everything else?

trikey 26th November 2020 07:34

Or how about adverts that ‘disappear’ after a week unless the op logs in and refreshes the ad somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk