The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My Memory seats have Alzheimer's! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299276)

Pueblo_Boy 16th September 2019 01:47

My Memory seats have Alzheimer's!

Just recently, my driver's seat has been moving to a different position all on its own!

I have my preferred seating position on memory button one. Two strange things have been happening recently: The seat adjusts to a different position when the car is left on its own (ignition not even on). I adjust it back using the memory button, or manually, so I can drive comfortably. Some small time later, the seat sometimes adjusts itself whilst I am driving - not by much, but it is disconcerting! When I park up the car, next time I go to use it, it is in a completely different position as to that which I left it in...in fact, I can hardly even get in the car!

I should add that the plastic panel on which the controls sit has always been a bit broken, and there is little if any space between the controls and the sills when in my preferred position - seat as low as possible, tilted forward.

Furthermore, the seat may have been lifted out of the way when someone else solved my airbag warning light problem recently - perhaps some other connections were disturbed? I have no idea, really, but I doubt it...

Perhaps I should read the manual and find out how to cancel all memory positions, and start again, in case something is triggering it? Seems very strange to me that the seat can move about on its own!

Any suggestions? Perhaps something to do with the "Lazy Seat" positioning system?

Mike Noc 16th September 2019 08:51

Have you started using the other key? They are 'his and hers', so will put the seat in the correct position for each user.

Pueblo_Boy 16th September 2019 14:55

Could be!

I did start using the other key, as the button on the first one became loose and got lost. So...I just need to revert to the first key (new fob on its way), or how do I cancel the second key's input? There must be a way to cancel all the memories, no?

COLVERT 16th September 2019 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2762700)
Could be!

I did start using the other key, as the button on the first one became loose and got lost. So...I just need to revert to the first key (new fob on its way), or how do I cancel the second key's input? There must be a way to cancel all the memories, no?

Surely you only get input from a key if you press the button.

Also the second key should only move the passengers seat, not yours. Bit confusing if both keys moved both seats.---:eek:

If repairing your first key does not cure your problem all I can suggest is that you have a small ghost.----:D:D:D

Mike Noc 16th September 2019 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2762700)
Could be!

Just press the memory store button and in turn the first two memory buttons when the seat is in the position you want and it will stay in the same position no matter which key you use.

Pueblo_Boy 21st September 2019 00:28

Thanks, Mike, that is what I've done already...now wait to see if it works (I don't go out much!) Logically, all the memories now have the same setting. I will test it early tomorrow for the trip to Tayport to get a walnut steering wheel fitted :) WooHoo, walnut wood is so much less dreary than the Black Oak I now need to sell!

Pueblo_Boy 24th September 2019 23:22

Still no joy, despite making all the memories the same. Every time the car is parked up, the seat moves of its own accord to a position which I cannot squeeze into. I keep forgetting, then almost getting stuck trying to park my big ass where it won't go! They do say after 35+ times, you begin to remember...

Anmy more suggestions? New key fob for the other key has not arrived yet...

COLVERT 26th September 2019 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy (Post 2764368)
Still no joy, despite making all the memories the same. Every time the car is parked up, the seat moves of its own accord to a position which I cannot squeeze into. I keep forgetting, then almost getting stuck trying to park my big ass where it won't go! They do say after 35+ times, you begin to remember...

Anmy more suggestions? New key fob for the other key has not arrived yet...

Do you have the cars handbook ?

It describes how to set the buttons on the side of the drivers seat.
After that you should be able to use the handsets to obtain the required seat positions.-----;)

Pueblo_Boy 26th September 2019 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2764731)
Do you have the cars handbook ?

It describes how to set the buttons on the side of the drivers seat.
After that you should be able to use the handsets to obtain the required seat positions.-----;)

Yes, I've read the handbook, which is not exactly crystal clear. I suspect my second key is somehow invoking the "Lazy seat" position...I will endeavour to cancel it by pressing the door unlock button with the driver's door open, as it seems to suggest in the handbook...

COLVERT 26th September 2019 22:06

I'm not sure but I think it said with the ignition on.---:shrug: