The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Euro Car Parts Shop (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   EuroCar Parts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=226833)

grivas 25th September 2015 12:23

EuroCar Parts

Yet again another **** take from the above, just got an e-mail from them to advertise yet another promotion, and 50% Plus 10% etc etc etc, I was only the other day looking for fuel filters on their site and their premium diesel filter was priced at just over £20, it has now been hyped up to more than £33 and the price for the current promo is just about what it was before so no real price cut just a **** take. For that reason I will not be buying anything from them again, who do they think they are kidding?

mh007 25th September 2015 18:57

It's annoying isn't it.

Fair to say though, it's not only ECP that do this.

Les4048 25th September 2015 19:25

Is that not illegal. I'm sure something has to be on sale for a certain period of time before they can reduce it and say it's a sale/offer

Dallas 25th September 2015 19:35

Yoyo pricing, the price is artificially inflated to produce a false sale price, simply an advertising scheme to mislead consumers, also against the law if not done correctly.

Pre-sale prices should be the last price at which goods were offered, and the goods should have been at that price for 28 consecutive days in the previous six months. There are various get-out clauses and the rule is rarely enforced. :getmecoat:

Dragrad 26th September 2015 02:10

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as things get 'buried' very quickly in the General Forum.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2104534)
Is that not illegal. I'm sure something has to be on sale for a certain period of time before they can reduce it and say it's a sale/offer

Usually for 28 days in a store somewhere in the UK.....

EuroCarParts 26th September 2015 08:36

Hi all!

Sorry to hear that.

To remove any worries that we 'increase' the prices before a promo, we don't actually have control of the prices - - they are updated daily by our product managers, where any changes affect the entire business (every one of our 197 branches) and our national account customers...

It sounds like a dramatic price increase and not the norm, but you can rest assured it's for a reason such as RRP increase, large cost increase or maybe the lower price was an error.

If you do message me the part number, I'd love to look into it, find the reason and happily share the past 6 years of pricing data to show how we try to always offer the best prices.

Hope that helps

Pat

mamasboy 26th September 2015 12:19

I've had some great service from ecp and personally from Pat so can't complain about that side of the business but the constant sale is a bit of a joke, its like the DFS sale scenario and I think you loose credibility from it.

mh007 28th September 2015 12:26

Pat:

Thank you for your reply on here but I have to say that it does not help the fact that the banner at the bottom of your post still advertises the club 25% discount which hasn't been in effect for quite some time now.

There was a discussion on this a little while ago.

EuroCarParts 28th September 2015 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2106522)
Pat:

Thank you for your reply on here but I have to say that it does not help the fact that the banner at the bottom of your post still advertises the club 25% discount which hasn't been in effect for quite some time now.

There was a discussion on this a little while ago.

Hey!

I'll speak to the team about removing it - however what we offer forum members still stands.

If an item has LESS than 25% off, drop us a PM and we'll price match it, to offer the 25% discount that you are used to. this way, forum mebers always get 25% off our normal store prices (or less!)

Pat

coab 28th September 2015 15:41

Do you still have to spend £20 to get the discount Pat?