The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classic Car Show at the NEC....... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308045)

FLYING BANANA 21st September 2020 17:43

Classic Car Show at the NEC.......

.................... has been cancelled for this year. Shame as I was looking forward to ‘working’ on our stand.

steve-45 21st September 2020 17:46

That’s a shame Bob, but stay safe and look forward to next year.

BRG75 21st September 2020 17:50

Current circumstances, sadly; but they won't last forever.

Regards
Mike

Teflon 21st September 2020 18:47

A shame, I was looking forward to visiting.

Cliff

Oldoaks 21st September 2020 19:57

Sadly understandable given the times we live in, but a shame none the less

myfirstrover 21st September 2020 20:28

I always thought they were being optimistic in expecting it to go ahead , thousands of people in a big shed was never going to be a serious option :eek:

ZedTeeT 21st September 2020 20:44

This is the one show I try to attend every year, but it's the sensible thing to do, I can understand that. Just make next year's show all that more enjoyable. :D

Ian G 21st September 2020 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstrover (Post 2837996)
I always thought they were being optimistic in expecting it to go ahead , thousands of people in a big shed was never going to be a serious option :eek:

I have no doubt that like many venues they knew some months ago that it wouldn't happen but it's quite nice to have many £1000's of peoples money earning interest in their bank account for a few months before refunding pre-booked tickets and stand payments..
Cheers

SCP440 21st September 2020 21:28

I was booked into a car show in the Cotswolds this year in August, it was obvioulsy cancelled but I received an Email at the weekend they are also cancelling next years as '' they feel the risk will still be to high'' :eek:

I had to read it twice to check I had not misread it but maybe we are all just being a bit hopeful this will all be over next year?

Ian G 21st September 2020 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2838017)
I was booked into a car show in the Cotswolds this year in August, it was obvioulsy cancelled but I received an Email at the weekend they are also cancelling next years as '' they feel the risk will still be to high'' :eek:

I had to read it twice to check I had not misread it but maybe we are all just being a bit hopeful this will all be over next year?

Likewise I read yesterday that the Chedder caves etc are being closed for the remainder of this year and are likely to remain closed for 2021